please don't try to help me

Hinata ran and ran in the assumed direction, but he didn't know where Kageyama lived, really. Something about this running felt oddly familiar, like he was experiencing dejavu. He ran and ran and ran. Then he reached the edge of a cliff, just like he remembered doing before. This time was different though, because at the base of the small overhang was a house with the word "Kageyama" on the front door. There was a set of stairs going down from the road and meeting a sidewalk that went up to the slightly ajar door.

Kageyama had just gotten home in his furious sprint, not bothering to fully close the door when running to his bedroom. He sat on the floor, tucking his knees into his chest when he heard a sound coming from the front door. He couldn't bother getting it, but when he heard a small, higher pitched "Kageyama?" he froze.

Hinata.

I'm not breathing anymore

I haven't for a while

I'm gasping for air

And it's away by a mile

Kageyama couldn't help but want to disappear. He heard light, careful footsteps ascend the stairs.

Please don't try to help me

I'm not worth your time

I've lost all my chances

Here's the final one of mine

Hinata opened all of the doors on the upstairs floor. No one other than Kageyama was there, but he couldn't figure out what room was his. Kageyama's chest just got tighter.

Maybe it's time for me to go away

I've tried everything I could

I knew it would come to this

But god I wish you withstood

Hinata turned the doorknob on the last possible room, holding his breath. Kageyama was getting worse by the second, and he fully stopped breathing as the door opened.

"Hey." Hinata spoke so softly. Kageyama managed to return the sound. "What happened back there?"

"I-" Kageyama was so scared, very very different from his usual attitude. He shivered violently, looking into Hinata's kind, forgiving eyes. He broke down slightly, voice filled with anger but mostly sadness. "I like you, dumbass!" with the one sentence, it all came out. "I want to hug you and kiss that cute fucking face of yours and I want to be able to swing you in the air when you get fucking points, god damnit! I-" Kageyama's voice broke more and more. "I want you to be mine!" Kageyama managed to stand up, leaving the room and his house fully.

"Kageyama!" Hinata shouted after him, catching up to him and grabbing his wrist, spinning the taller boy around and planting a messy, loose kiss on his lips.

Kageyama froze up again, but in a completely different way.

"I like you too, dumbass."

I guess I'll give it one more shot

The rest of the world wants me to

Something could get easier

You could love me too