i'm glad you could see it now

He was running. Running quickly and panting but not being able to stop. He was being chased by something, but he never turned around to see what it was.

This dream came to Hinata about once a week it seemed, and never let him have peace.

He ran and ran and ran. Then he reached the edge of the cliff, just like every other time. He looked down into the ravine again, seeing nothing but a bright yellow glow. It was blinding. Dream-Hinata was stuck between death and death with no way out other than to choose how he goes. And then he wakes up sweating.

He was so happy a second ago. Well, it felt like a second. It's been hours. This time of this recurring nightmare was worse than the others though. He couldn't explain why, but the feeling he could usually instantly shake wouldn't budge. Hinata went to call Yachi about it, but didn't want to wake her. So he did the next best thing. He called Kageyama.

There's no way for him to even know himself why he called Kageyama, but he knew he had to. Something in him knew Kageyama was the answer, so he tapped the little contact name and was greeted to a "what do you want, dumbass?"

"I'm sorry for waking you, I just needed to talk." The sadness in Hinata's voice softened Kageyama a bit.

"Oh, what happened?"

Hinata knew the root of the problem. "I don't think I like Yachi anymore." Kageyama had to hide his gasp.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah uhm, I think we've lost it. Or maybe we never had it. I don't know." A tear escaped Hinata's eye. He knew this would happen soon enough, he knew it from the beginning, but he really didn't want to admit it all. Something in it loved Yachi, but he didn't in the way he was supposed to. He loved her kindness and her passion for things. He admired her and her abilities. He thought she was, well, cool. But he wasn't attracted to her, which he knows would hurt her the most.

"What do you mean?"

"I love Yachi, but not... not how I should." Hinata stuttered slightly, and Kageyama was somewhat relieved. He had a chance, but right now he needed to be a supportive friend.

"Huh, do you think you'll break up with her?"

"Yeah, probably. But I don't know how."

"You could say some, it's not you, it's me, shit. That'd be accurate."

"Maybe."

"It's really late, dumbass. Think about it more in the morning."

"Okay." Hinata seemed somewhat defeated, but knew Kageyama was right. "See you tomorrow."

"Yup."

"Thank you, Kageyama." Those were Hinata's final words before he ended the call, and they made the boy on the other end's heart flutter. Things had the potential to change for the better in Kageyama's life, and he wasn't going to deny it.

Hinata couldn't fall back asleep. He got out of bed and turned his room's light on, making everything from his messily laid, forest green bed sheets to the pile of clothes in the corner glisten under the fluorescent light. He walked from the lightswitch to his desk, sitting down to examine the poem once more. He felt some sort of weird connection to it, and wanted to know every little thing about the person who wrote it. He didn't know who this T.K. person was, but he was determined to find out, all because he somehow felt a stronger connection to them than he ever felt to Yachi.

Kageyama couldn't sleep either. He was too damn excited about so many potentials and nothing could've calmed him down enough to sleep well. His face just beamed without remorse.

My love for you

Is so damn true

And I'm glad you could see it now

He wanted good. Plain and simple. He wanted happiness and good and joy to exist again, just as it did when he first met Hinata. He wanted Hinata's smile to be unapologetically for Kageyama, without anything nagging in his brain.

There's nothing to fight

And assuming I have the might

I don't have to wonder how

The world seemed brighter now. Nothing hurt as much. Kageyama didn't have anything to be jealous over anymore it seemed. He could just be. Him and his tangerine boy.

You, wonder kid

With the same heart you did

The second I fell for you

Kageyama had a chance. No time for the silly questions and wonders and potentials. He could get close to Hinata, and nothing could stop it.

You're the reason why

It doesn't hurt to try

And hopefully you will allow