lonely in the sky

To take his mind off everything, Kageyama drew himself a bath. It became a bit of a ritual for him on the fourteenth of every month. That was his self care day, even though he was a bit devastated. He was reminded of his first real poem, at least the first one he thought could see the light of day.

It's lonely in the sky

Put me back on the ground

Where the lilies bloom

And there's no worry of you leaving town

He let Suga read that one. It was a very under-wraps situation. After volleyball one day, he saw Suga alone and showed him his phone, saying a quick "Can you please read this and tell me if it's any good?" before putting his arm to scratch the back of his head. Suga was shocked.

The ground is a home

Home is where people grow

And if you don't water the plants

What is there left to show?

He read the poem though. It was a bit of a moment between them, one that he had never expected. Suga saw Kageyama as a rival but in the kindest, most motherly way. He knew Kageyama was a better setter than he was and used that as a reason to get better. He was somewhat honored, but only for the sake of the team.

It's lonely in the sky

Put me back on the ground

It may be quieter here

But birds aren't the nicest sound

He was even more honored to notice that Kageyama respected him this much. He never would've pegged the scary, dark setter first year Karasuno was given to be a softy, let alone one who wrote poetry.

The birds are all reckless

They don't care for me much

But you clearly do

You show it in every touch

As Suga read, he started to wonder the premise. Who was Kageyama talking about? What has he seen and been through? He got a new respect for the younger boy, seeing humanity in even the scariest of eyes.

It's lonely in the sky

Put me back on the ground

The next second I can't see you

I might lose it and drown

And that's when it hit him. Hinata. But why? They didn't seem to be close outside of being teammates, so why is he so enthralled with him?

But the waters far too

It's all far from up here

The sky is so vast

And I'm so full of fear

Suga supposed he just had that effect on everybody and didn't want to badger Kageyama about it. The raven haired boy's trust was a hard thing to obtain, and Sugawara didn't want to lose it.

It's lonely in the sky

Put me back on the ground

I just miss you too much

And I want to leave here now

He didn't realize his eyes pricked with tears until he handed Kageyama back his phone.

"That was good." Suga wiped his face with the edge of his shirt. "What are you going to do with it?" He made sure not to ask what the poem was about.

"I don't know. Thanks Suga." Kageyama turned around and left, face flushed with red. Then Kageyama snapped back to reality. He was sitting in a bathtub, inhaling the orange scent emitted from the water. He was still here.

Hinata slept happily that night after talking deeply to Yachi for hours about practically nothing. They listened to Elton John together this time, enjoying the comfortable, loving energy it provided. He closed his eyes with a smile on his face, but the nightmare came back again, waking him up in a cold sweat at 2:48 in the morning.