tangerine boy (end)

As was expected, the team was supportive. Daichi and Suga were public, and Tsukki and Yamaguchi might've just as well been, so the potential of homophobia was almost nonexistent. They did get a bit of light teasing from Tanaka and Nishinoya though.
"So. Red has a thing for the stoic guys." Tanaka giggled.

"And Kageyama has," Nishinoya paused, for dramatic effect, "feelings?"

"I never thought I'd see the day!" Tanaka laughed harder and high-fived Noya.

And that was it. No more speculation, just volleyball. It would be an understatement to say both boys were relieved.

Kageyama's world was lighter. The pain and the hurt he bottled up inside before was still there, yes, but it subsided more and more. He had more chances to genuinely smile, and that ended up meaning everything to Hinata.

They were in love. No one could shake that.

Kageyama's poetry was lighter too. He'd write more about the way light reflects off his boyfriend's face or his boyfriend's laugh or his boyfriend's way of looking at the world. He'd write about beautiful things that made his soul smile. He'd show the world that he was happier. He had something that kept him kicking, and everyone could tell.

He didn't stop with the poetry though, and kept doing it during class, just because he could.

I guess it was fate

Tangerine boy

I fell hard and fast

And I'll always be your toy

He'd look over at Hinata, just as he had done so many times before, and his hands would be controlled by the deepest part of his brain.

But you're not a kid

You take intense care

There's consideration in your words

And suddenly, I'm aware

Cautious love would pour from Kageyama's head into the pen in his hand and he'd write. When that was done, he'd finish it off with small drawings of oranges.

I guess it was fate

Tangerine boy

Because now I'm here with you

And all I feel is joy

Then, Kageyama would ask to go to the bathroom. He'd get up, poem in hand, and walk by Hinata's desk. He'd drop the poem, very obviously, in the smaller boy's bag.

So thank you

For letting me be your star

Because, tangerine boy

You'll go so damn far

All he ever wanted to do was finally a possibility. He could love the person he always wanted to. The fantasies he'd imagine at three in the morning were possibilities.

He had his tangerine boy, and he wouldn't let go as long as he could. 

a/n: and thats?? it?? thank you all so much for reading!! 

love, elle