12

˗ˏˋ CHAPTER TWELVE ˎˊ˗

The night before, Stefan had suggested Kalila staying with them for the night just in case there were more tomb vampires lying in wait outside the house. She had agreed and got set up in a guest room for the night after assuring her dad over and over again that she was perfectly safe, but it wasn't until he was reminded of her magical ring that he really agreed.

Now, she was waking up to the door opening just at the time she opened her eyes. "If you're here to wake me up," she said to the unknown person. "I'll throw you out that window." She gestured wildly, hoping that it was in the general direction of the incredibly large window that was now assaulting her with small beams of sunlight.

"Okay, so I'll just take these pancakes with me when I go." She sat up immediately at that, recognizing Stefan's voice. He laughed as she looked at him with the wide eyes of someone who was just woken up with the promise of food. "Thought so."

He placed a tray over her lap. She looked down at the food, a smile appearing on her face as she saw the double chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream. "I have to ask," she started as she picked up the fork. "How do you always happen to know all of my favorite foods?"

He shrugged. "I'm just that good." She raised an eyebrow. "Okay, I called your dad," he chuckled.

"Thought so," she said, echoing his earlier words as she popped a bite in her mouth, closing her eyes at the taste. "You are an excellent pancake maker, Stefan Salvatore."

"Thank you, Kalila Saltzman." She smiled as she continued to eat. "So, Elena's here. She brought some clothes for you to borrow."

Kalila nodded. "Does she know about the Isobel thing?"

"She knows that Isobel is her birth mom and was married to Alaric, but she doesn't know that you're also her daughter, if that's what you're asking."

"Does she need to know?"

He nodded sadly and Kalila groaned. "Wouldn't you?"

She thought about it for a moment. "Yeah, I think that I would," she said with a sigh. "I just hate that I have to be the one to spring it on her. Like hey, you got a sister!" Stefan laughed.

"What's up, Tiny?" Damon said, suddenly appearing in the door, Elena right behind him.

She pushed past him, sitting on the side of her bed. "Hey," she said, handing Kalila a pile of folded clothes. "How are you feeling, Kalila?" Kalila knew she was talking about the night before where she got tossed around like a rag doll by an incredibly old vampire.

She sat up a little taller, clearing her throat. "Oh, I'm fine. Damon gave me a pain medicine called vampire blood." She smiled as Elena did, the latter standing up.