15

˗ˏˋ CHAPTER FIFTEEN ˎˊ˗

Founder's Day - or month, really - sounded like a whole lot of pointless events that Kalila shouldn't have to go to, but Stefan was going, and Damon was going to keep an eye on Stefan and his uncontrollable human blood urges, so that meant she had to go too. Damon had practically forced her into it, throwing a dress at her and telling her she couldn't leave unless she was coming with him.

She was especially not looking forward to it, especially considering that Elena would be there, and Elena wanted more than nothing to do with her. Kalila couldn't say she felt the same way, but she also didn't see any problem in body slamming Elena into the ground if she tried to start something else. When she told Damon that, he told her that he was going to be babysitting her too, so really, it was set up to be an all around bad night.

"This music is despicable," Kalila said as slow, classical music played from the speakers, leaving the dance floor completely empty as everyone talked in little circles. "And this looks terrible." She turned to Damon. "Can we go home now?"

"No body slamming and no ditching. Thanks, come again," Damon said for probably what felt like the hundredth time to him.

"Fine," she whined, falling into step with Stefan. "So," she said. "Were these things nearly as boring back in the day?"

He smiled goofily. "Possibly more." His words were slightly slurred, and Kalila's eyes widened as she looked at him.

"How much does a vampire have to drink to get hammered?" she asked in surprise as she watched his steps stumble only slightly, but it was still weird for a vampire.

"A lot." Kalila laughed, but the moment didn't last for too much longer before Stefan spotted Elena across the floor, and she spotted them at just the same time. Her smile fell as she saw Kalila, which she immediately took as her cue to slip away.

"Go fix our music, please," Kalila said, pushing him lightly in Elena's direction before falling back into the crowd as she watched the two of them from afar.

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

"Tiny, you are living up to your weird persona, but I think it might be moving into stalker territory." She tore her eyes away from Stefan and Elena dancing on the dance floor, both smiling and laughing, to see Damon offering her a glass of bourbon.

She accepted it, taking a long swig. "Technically, you gave me the stalking job. It's not my fault I'm already weird on top of that."

Damon laughed. "Cheers to that," he said, clinking his glass with hers.

"So are you done being annoying so you can skip to the point of why you made our babysitting duties way more obvious?" That was true. They were both looking out for Stefan at the same time, but doing it together was somehow even weirder.