Series 1 Episode 1: Rose

"Run!"

—————————————————————————————————

"I'm the Doctor. What's your name?"

"Rose."

"Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!"

—————————————————————————————————

"What you doing here?"

"I live here."

"What do you do that for?"

"Cause I do. I'm only at home cause someone blew up my job."

"I must have the wrong signal. You're not plastic, are you? Nope, bonehead. Bye."

—————————————————————————————————

"I'm... I'm in my dressing gown."

"Yes, you are."

"There's a strange man in my bedroom."

"Yes, there is."

"Anything could happen."

"No."

—————————————————————————————————

"That won't work; he's gay and she's an alien."

—————————————————————————————————

"Do you know like we were saying, about the Earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid. The first time they tell you the Earths turning and you just can't quite believe it cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it... the turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour. The entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world. And, if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me, Rose Tyler. Go home."

—————————————————————————————————

"I'd better tell you now... my boyfriend is waiting in the car in case you're gonna kill me."

—————————————————————————————————

"So where d'you wanna start?"

"Uhm.. the inside's bigger than the outside."

"Yep."

"Is it alien?"

"Yep."

"Are you alien?"

"Yes. Is that alright?"

"Yeah."

"It's called the TARDIS. This thing. T-A-R-D-I-S. That's time and relative dimension in space."

—————————————————————————————————

"If you are an alien, why do you sound like you come from the North?"

"Lots of planets have a North!"

—————————————————————————————————

"How can you hide something that big in a city this small?"

"Hold on, hide what?"

"A transmitter. The consciousness is controlling every single piece of plastic, so it needs a transmitter to boot the signal."

"What does it look like?"

"Like a transmitter. Round and massive, somewhere smack bang in the middle of London. A huge metal circular structure, like a dish, like a wheel, radial, close to where we're standing. It must be completely invisible."

Rose gestures behind the doctor, who turns around.

"What?"

Rose gestures again.

"What is it? What?"

Gestures a third time.

"Oh. Fantastic."

—————————————————————————————————

"This planet is just starting. These stupid little people are just learning how to walk, but they are capable of so much more."

—————————————————————————————————

"That's not true. I should know. I fought in the war, I was there. I couldn't save your planet. I couldn't save any of them!"

—————————————————————————————————

"I've got no A-levels, no job, no future. But I tell you what I have got. Jericho street junior school, under 7's gymnastic team. I got the bronze."

—————————————————————————————————

"Thanks."

"Thanks for what?"

"Exactly."

—————————————————————————————————