Chapter Nine.

Demetrius P.O.V.

I hated mondays because if I wasn't sleeping I had lots of case files on my table that I didn't have the energy to go through.

Since it was a new month I had to make sure that all the rookies that joined the NYPD last month are well integrated and I also had to check in with the mayor.

I needed coffee so I went over to the kitchen and there was many officers talking and laughing and as soon as I entered they all scattered back to thier desks and offices.

it always surprised me that they knew what they are doing is wrong but only do what's right when a superior enters the room.

"Demetrius there someone on the line asking for you" one of the Junior officers told me."Who is it" I ask drinking my coffee and walking to my office as he followed me.

"its Kaylib he says that he can't come in to work and wants to talk to you" the officer let me know.

"Okay transfer the call to my office landline" I told him answer my landline.

"Hey kaylib, are you okay" I asked him softening my voice. "yeah I am fine I just cant come to work today" he said and I could hear sniffling.

"kaylib it's okay take today off but I will come over to your hotel to check on you" I told him.

"thanks see you soon"he said while hanging up

"You look worried" Ramonna said walking in and sitting infront of me.

"yea I just got a call from kaylib it sounded like he was crying or something" I told her.

"Maybe he is sick or he hurt himself" ramonna suggested while grabbing my coffee and drinking it.

"wow, Anyway I am going to check on him during my lunch, do you wanna go with me or..." I asked her.

"Nah you go check on him alone both of us know you need to see him more than i do" she said with a smug.

"What do you mean" I asked her.

"just tell him how you feel because it's annoying to see you staring at him everytime he walks around here" Ramonna said walking out with my coffee in her hand.

Greedy bitch I said to my self going to the car files that I needed to evaluate and sign them before going to meet up with Kaylib.

Shes right though from the first day kaylib arrived here I couldn't stop looking at him or thinking about him and I can safely say that I have a soft spot for him and hearing him on the phone sniffing just made my heart break.

Even though I was angry that he was involved with that thug Tyler. I couldn't be angry that he lied and thats why I actually hope that the president's office takes him off the case because I dont want him anywhere near that prick.

While signing and reading through the files my landline began ringing. "Detective Demetrius Jordan, hello" I greeted. "Jordan its Wilson, I have spoken to the president's office and they have agreed to keep him on the case" he let me know.

"Okay, Why did they choose to keep him on the case" I asked.

"The ministry of justice has decided that since thier relationship had happened many years back. the chances of him falling for Raymond are slim.