12| Finger

A/N: Well hello guys. Hope you have been enjoying so far. Am new to the whole posting your work so people can read thing. Three things:

Who do you think the stalker is?

What do you think he is really after?

Could the stalker be female?

Now on to the chapter, and you guessed it, it's unedited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Unedited*

"Holy shit!" She threw the thing as far away from her as she could. "Holy fucking shit." She couldn't come to terms with it. "Jacob what the fuck was that?"

"What Marley?" He was confused at her tantrum. "There is a. Jacob there was." She couldn't say it. Looking for the closest bin she could find and lost her breakfast.

Jacob signaled for the guards to come watch Max as he rushed over to her holding her hair. He gave her his handkerchief to wipe her mouth. "What happened Marley?"

"There was a finger Jacob." The information went over his head. "A finger?" What kind of sick bastard would put a finger in someone's hotdog. He looked around to the stand and no one was there.

"Are you sure it was a finger?" He asked making her furious. "I know what a damn finger looks like Jacob." She was scared and pissed.

Looking over she ensured her baby was fine. Jeff and Paul stood over him. They were right to have not left the house for so long. She wasn't ever going to leave the house again.

Jacob lead her back to the bench. "Stay here okay?" She nodded looking at the sleeping beauty. There was a psycho out there targeting her and her child and there were no leads and nothing she could do.

Jacob signaled for Jeff to come with him walking over to where Marley had thrown the hotdog. Sure enough there was a finger along with the sausage and bun. He dialed the detective working on their case and looked back to where Marley was seated.

There was no way he was going to allow his woman and child live in fear forever. Marley shivered as the sensation of being watched persisted. Max started fussing and she was glad for the distraction.

As extra precaution she disinfected her hands before taking him into her arms. The detective was quick to arrive and she had to give a statement. She didn't know what more was there to say. There was a damn finger in her hotdog.

Imagine if she had, as a matter of fact perish the thought. The finger was confiscated and the look on Jacob's face told her they were never leaving the house 'til next November.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jacob played with Max's little hands. "I am the Cookie Monster." He declared as he pretended to eat the little boys hands. His little laughter erupted for the first time and Jacob froze.

Max had been smiling for the longest while but he had never laughed. Hearing his laugh was a tug at his heart. "My boy is laughing." His smile held pride.

"Jacob!" Marley called. "In the living room!" He called back, he heard footsteps as she approached them. "Jacob where does Claire live?" She was angry, he could tell.

"Why?" He knew that wasn't what she wanted to hear but he had no idea what she wanted to do with the information. "Just tell me Jay." She demanded tapping her bare feet on the carpet.

"Sixty-seventh street." He stated not trying to be too precise. Marley nodded as if the answer was enough to sedate her. "Do you have a new love interest?" She inquired in all seriousness and he snickered.

"You." He had no idea where this was going but he hadn't done anything wrong. "Jacob I found a paper in Max's stroller." She thought it would go easier if he knew she found it.

"It has an address on it Jay." Confusion masked his features causing her to get more furious. She threw the card at him unfortunately it stopped short falling on the floor before him.

"I have never seen this before." He has no reason to lie. Why would he mess things up when they were only just beginning to go his way. "Are you telling the truth Jay?" She inquired "I have no reason to lie." She nodded.

"Well I don't know about you but I am furious that this foreign address has ended up in the pleats of his stroller and while he was being watched by your security." Some part of her had wanted him to already know about the paper.

She watched as he studied the card intently. His phone rang and he had to take it. "Jacob Norman." He spoke and listened to what the person had to say.

"Is that so?" He asked with all seriousness. "What does this have to do with my woman and child?" He asked and waited for the answer.

The answer stunned him for a second and he processed it. "Two weeks you say?" He asked in confirmation. "Roughly?" Repeating what the man said he nodded.

"Detective Rose if it isn't too hard I think it would be in your interest to look into this address." Rattling it off to the detective he hummed in approval when the man repeated it.

"A paper was found in the folds of my son's stroller." He stated strongly. "And detective Rose all I am doing is giving you a chance to fix this, if it happens again I will be taking my own actions. Good day." He ended the call looking over to an attentive Marley.

"Your son huh?" She teased and he shrugged. Walking over to Max she tickled him, eliciting a little laugh. "He laughed Jay." Marley was excited at the development. Jacob nodded knowingly.

"What did Rose say?" She inquired and he took a deep breath. "He ran tests on the finger and it's said to belong to a Richard Stone. He went missing roughly two weeks ago."

"What does that have to do with us?" Marley didn't mean to sound insensitive but she wanted clear answers as to why this was happening to her. "He was a lawyer and Scarlett was a client of his." Her partner explained.

"Do you happen to know a Steven Callum?" Jacob questioned, her answer could be the end of the mystery. "Not well." She thought about it for a while. "He was Scarlett's on and off again boyfriend in college." She supplied and Jacob nodded.

"Did he ever seem strange?" Jacob questioned, she shivered remembering this man. She had always gotten a bad vibe about him. "Back in college he was really possessive and didn't want Scarlett to have male friends." She stated.

"I don't want you to have male friends." Jacob stated. "Have you met you girl? If I could keep you in my bed forever I would." He teased leaning over Max kissing her on the nose.

She giggled. "It's not like that." Getting comfortable tucking her feet under herself. "She said he would show up at her dorm in the mornings and walk her to every class and had persons watching her, that type stuff. He was the reason she started living with me."

"Woah so he had stalker tendencies. No wonder she had a restraining order against him." Scarlett nodded. "You knew about it?" He was confused as to why she hadn't spoken up before.

"Yes she told me after she did it. Said she had enough, she never did tell me what had happened just that it was better this way." Scarlett played with her fingers.

"Do you mind if I tell the detective your side of the affair?" He inquired and she shook her head negative. "I would have volunteered the information but I thought the stalker was after me and it wasn't needed." She voiced her thoughts.

"What could he be after?" The question hung in the air because Jacob was not sure how to answer it. They both looked towards Max with more questions than answers.