Chapter Three

Vic's POV

Simple, the room where I was staying in the Psychiatric Hospial. It was simple. A lot less hectic than my last few days have been. Once the hospital had released me home for 24 hours to collect my belongings and leave for the psych hospital. I'd been nervous the entire time Mike was driving me to this new place, but now that we've finally made it, I think that it'll be okay.

Mike ran my last bad into the room and gave me a quick hug,"I'll miss you, bro! Call us if you need anything," he said kindly.

"I'll miss you too, man," I hugged him back.

"I'll visit you as soon as I'm aloud to, the doctors want 30 days of no family or friends visiting," he explained.

Then a nurse came in, urging Mike to leave. So quickly? How could these people really want to help if they hardly let you spend time with the ones you love?

~

After my little brother had left, it was about lunch time. I was ushered to the cafeteria by a woman about my age, but was a part of the staff. While she walked me to the line to order lunch, I pursed my arm to my side so that no one would notice my many cuts and scars.

I got in line and ordered the most human-looking food that was laid out. I think it was supposed to be some kind of tostada...?

After I had picked out what I was going to have as a side and a drink for this 'meal', I looked across the large room for somewhere to sit. I felt like I was back in elementary school; just this entire scene.

I chose the spot next to a pale boy about my age with raven hair that was a bit shorter than mine. He looked reserved and that was a good thing. I didn't feel like socializing. I just wanted to sit here and take in this new scenery. I'd be staying here for a month before any outside contact, so I better get used to it.

I guess I chose the wrong seat though. The boy looked at me with a kind smile and said,"Hi, I'm Kellin. You're new... Right?" He said it like no one had tried to talk to him... ever.

"Uhh... Hi..? I'm Vic, and yeah, I'm new," I said quietly, staring to wave my arm, but quickly put it back down hoping that Kellin wouldn't see my arm. But I think he did.

"It's nice to meet you!" He started,"And, you have no reason to hide those from me," he looked down at my arm,"You're not alone." He turned his arm over, revealing the many scars he had. "And we're not the only ones," he added, gesturing towards others who I assume he knows.

I smiled, not knowing what to say and took a sip of my Baja Blast (A/N: because psych hospitals totally have a soft drink fountain XD). Then I looked at the floor, well, my arm, rather. There were so many cuts and scars; so many stories that people judge because they aren't 'normal'. But maybe the people here were more caring. Maybe Kellin could be my friend, and not judge my every move.

After what took my mind, seemingly, an eternity, I looked back up at Kellin to see him looking right at me. His eyes. Such a bright blue. If only I has his eyes, and not my stupid brown eyes.

"What're you thinking about, Vic?" Kellin asked genuinely interested.

"Uhh... I don't know. I'm still just getting used to this place. It's different," I lied. I didn't care about my surroundings, I was thinking about how stupid I am. I'm probably going to mess up this friendship with Kellin. I always fuck up, so I probably will here too.

Then Kellin hugged me. What? Why would he hug me? I tensed up and sat still.

"I-I'm sorry if I took you by surprise," Kellin paused,"Everyone here is really supportive, and... Well, it looked like you needed a hug, to be honest," he stated gingerly.

"No, it's fine, I just wasn't expecting that," I said truthfully. And I went back to hug him.

"We should hang out sometime, you know?" Kellin said after he had some of his tater-tots,"I don't really have any friends here," he then said, almost unaudible.

"Sure, that'd be cool," I said humbley. Trying to think of places that I knew where they were,"We could hang out in the garden after the group thereapy?" I tried to sound confident, but my words failed me and my statement came out as a question.

"That'd be great, after the group session we all have pretty much free range around a set premises.

"Alright," I smiled,"That should work!"

I guess he doesn't hate me, after all.

~

The staff shoed us back to our small rooms, and I sat on the twin sized bed when I got into my room, happily. It's hard to think that just two days ago I was trying to kill mgself, but now I'm trying to make friends. As if I were normal.
That's not normal. I'm not normal.

(A/N: I HAVE SOME IDEAS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER ASDFGHJKL! And well. I guess I'll just see what my brain spits out.)