Chapter 3

Chapter 3
"Dishes of Hope"

Recap:
"I also want to go to UA and take the hero course..." I say quietly as I hear my father choke as Kazue groans in annoyance. The reaction of the two instantly makes me frown slightly as I grip my chopsticks in my left hand.

"Are you okay?" Masaru asked my father as he drinks some water quickly.

"Ah yes, I'm fine" my father speaks up before giving me an unsatisfied look. The conversation of why we moved came up and the small amount of tension that appeared slowly dissolved.

-Y/n Pov-

After dinner was over, Mitsuki convinces my mom to allow Katsuki to clean the dishes as thanks for the food. I felt slightly bad so after everyone moved to the living room, I joined next to him.

He seemed annoyed by my presence but seemed to reluctantly hand over the sparklingly clean plate over for me to dry with a towel.

I could feel he didn't like me very much, so speaking to him was probably not a good idea. So, we stayed silent as he continued passing over the dishes for me to dry and put on the rack so I could store them away later.

"Hey" he says suddenly and I look over slightly in confusion, "don't fucking tell me you're quirkless too" I raised a brow in confusion,

"I'm not quirkless?" I say as he hands over another plate, never making eye contact with me.

"Then why the hell did your family get so fucking bent out of shape when you said you were going to go to UA?" His question quickly threw me off as I was kind of surprised he was asking. "You got some kind of useless ass quirk or something?"

I chuckle slightly, "I was born with a pretty weak body, so when I was younger, it didn't take much to tire me out. When I get tired I can collapse and there has been several times I've fallen the wrong way, putting myself in a coma for a few weeks. I've been really lucky I haven't damaged my brain from hitting it too hard"

"So you're a weakling" he groans in annoyance,

"Well" I say awkwardly as he really didn't have to put it that way, "I take my medication and I've really trained my body hard to the point I can handle a lot more than before..." I grab another dish from him and dry it off, "So, I don't think it's accurate to say I'm weak"

Silence grew over us again, but this time it seemed less tense and a little more comfortable than before. I suddenly notice that my eyes were getting heavier but I ignore it, not wanting to leave Katsuki with the dishes.

I've hit my limit for today. I should probably get to my room and sleep straight after this. He hands me the last dish and I dry it off, successfully putting it on the rack.

Katsuki seems to look over at me for a second as he was getting ready to walk out of the room. At that moment our eyes met, I could feel the anger nearly radiate off of him as I gave him a smile.

I decide because of his sudden shift of attitude, I'd walk out before him. I make my way out of the kitchen so I could head to my room. Kazue seemed to be making his way to the kitchen and glares at me as I attempt to walk past him.

He smirks as he bumps his arm into me, making me once again stumbling off to the side. Thankfully, despite my tiredness, I was able to catch my footing and prevent myself from falling.

I send a glare at him as he walks over to Katsuki, who seemed to have an unimpressed look on his face. I turn my head and walk off to my room, safely finding myself in the comfort of my bed. I quickly was able to pass out from being exhausted.

-skip-

"Baby" I hear a voice, waking me from my slumber. I open my eyes as mom was laying on the edge of my bed, "pushed yourself too hard today?" She asked and I nod sightly.

"It's kinda hot in here. Can you open the window for me mama?" I asked as she smiles, getting up and opening my window across from my bed. She comes back over to me before sitting back down. "Thank you"

"No problem baby" she says as she moves her hand to pet my head, "Mistuki left a little bit ago. She wanted to see you before she left but you were sleeping. Tomorrow you should go over and see her for a bit, I'll have you bring something sweet over as a thankful for spending time with us today. What do you think?"

I smile, "sounds good"

There was a small silence between us, my eyes were still closed but I was mostly awake. I could easily fall back to sleep but I knew our conversation wasn't over yet. "Your father was a bit upset" she says suddenly as I kind of expected this, "you've been working really hard to improve on your health so you can attempt to take the UA entrance exam"

"Dad still doesn't want me to go?" I asked shortly and I could sense mom nodding her head,

"He loves you dearly. You're his own flesh and blood, it's why he's so protective of you being out without either one of us"

"I know" I sigh slightly, "but I really want to become a hero. Saving people who are in need is something I really want to do"

"I know baby girl" she says sweetly, "and you can do it. We still have more than half a school year left of homeschooling before summer rolls along. We can train a lot so you can go to UA, okay?"

I nod, "That sounds nice" I mumble out as I feel mom's soft lips press up against one of my temples.

"Okay. I'm going to head to bed. You go back to sleep" she whispers and I nod again. "Oh, don't let actions like your father and your brother discourage you. Okay?" She says as I could feel her lifting herself off the bed.

"I know" I say sleepily, "love you mom"

"Love you too, baby"