✢︎P

[IMPORTANT TO STORY]

John swiftly kneed Arlo in the face as he tried to get up. That was it for Arlo. He fell to the ground unconscious. John stepped on the back of Arlo's head, facing the windows of the school. He examined the shocked and confused faces of the students that watched from above. A low sea of murmuring settled upon the halls as everyone began to discuss what had just happened, too stunned to believe it. Was Joker really going to be the next king of Wellston? "No more Royals. No more hierarchy."

❃❃❃

    John woke up, out of breath, a cold sheen of sweat coating his body. His vision blurred from his tears, he sat up and turned on the lights, scanning the room. It was his apartment. But he hadn't been here in a while. Hadn't Vaughn made him leave?

    "JOHN!" John flinched and scurried backwards, only to find that the source of the loud sound was his best friend, Seraphina. "John, are you okay? What's wrong, did something happen? Why are you crying?" John brushed the tears out of his eyes and tried to focus on Seraphina, who'd rolled off the couch and was shaking him vigorously.

    "Sera... you're still here?" he inquired, as more and more memories of the dream flood back in. "Why... why haven't you left me yet? Why would you still stay with me?" he asked, as more tears flooded his eyes.

    "John, why in the world would I leave you? Everything's fine! What's wrong?" she questioned, worried.

"But my ability. I have an ability and I hurt everyone and..." John trailed off, as he took a look around him. He grabbed his phone, which was nearby him. The date. 'XXX, XX, 20XX'. Wasn't this from a while back? Everything clicked for John. He'd dreamt about everything. How he was played by Arlo, how Seraphina was suspended, how he tore down the hierarchy.

None of it had happened.

Prologue (323 Words)