✢9

Previously on NIGHTMARE:

The two of them were still friends, even after his ordeal at New Bostin. He scrolled to the rest of the contact info and pondered his next decision. "Soon. I promise."

❃❃❃

"John," Seraphina called. John looked up from his phone and grinned.

"Hey, Sera," he said, pocketing it. She jogged over from across the path and as she got closer, he noticed that she seemed upset. "Uh, is everything alright? You seem a little upset."

"It's Elaine. Apparently she heard us talking on the roof about 'unOrdinary' which is how she reported me. That's not all though. Turns out she's been following Arlo's orders for a while now, including keeping checks on me at the dorms." John's eyes widened.

"Arlo?! That bastard's been keeping tabs on Sera!" He thought angrily. "Sera, you aren't going to be staying in the dorms, are you? Not with them watching your every move..."

"Of course not. That's why I wanted to ask you-"

"If you could move in?" he finished for her.

"Er, I was actually going to ask if you knew of any apartments that were affordable, y'know since you live alone already? I'd hate to bother you at all by moving in."

"Please, it's not a bother at all! You should definitely move in!" Seraphina looked at him skeptically

"Weird. It's almost as if he's desperate to have me move in. Wait a minute... does he?" Seraphina's eyes flew open and her face grew hot. John waved his hand in front of her face.

"Sera? Hello-o?"

"I'll move in!" she said quickly. John looked a little surprised but pleased.

"Great! I'll help you move all the stuff from your dorms after school today." he said, grinning. "As long as she's with me, I'll know she's safe. Those people won't find her as long as she's with me... right?"

❃❃❃

Terrence stood on the opposite side of the wall, listening into their conversation. "Seraphina! The school's ace is moving in with the school cripple?" As the majority of the press team would do, Terrence instantly formed a front page story in his mind, the headlines exclaiming yet another juicy subject. Albeit, this sort of subject was unorthodox for someone like Terrence, he couldn't pass up the opportunity to propose this to Cecile. He mentally organized the details.

"Seraphina, leaving the dorms, moving in with John, moving in this afternoon..." He summarized before adding in interesting details. "This is going to be one hell of a story!"

❃❃❃

Elaine was in yet another troublesome situation. "How am I supposed to tell Arlo that she found out? He's gonna hate me!" She'd been pacing back and forth on the rooftop, terrified of his reaction to the bad news. She'd always had a thing for Arlo, and never in a million years would she want to disappoint him, especially not like this. The door to the rooftop clicked open. The tall blonde who Elaine so admired stood in the doorway and her heart skipped a beat. "Ar-Arlo!" she said, flustered already.

"Elaine? What are you doing here? You don't usually come here." he said flatly. Her head spun, trying to find a good way to explain what had happened.

"Ah, I needed to er, tell you something." Arlo tipped his head, expecting her to go on. "Well, you- you know how you arranged for Seraphina and I to dorm together so that I could monitor her behavior?" He nodded, looking concerned. "Uhm, well she plans on moving out." Elaine glanced at his face which showed no signs of shock yet. "I mean, nothing's confirmed of course! Seraphina just said she would be moving, b-but I doubt she has anywhere to go!" she rambled, nervously. Her hands grew clammy from the sheer fear she was feeling.
"Why?" he said curtly. Elaine blinked a few times, visibly confused.