IN YOUR FACE

CHAPTER 2

"Principal's office on first day. Niiiiiceee." Noah started to poke me in the arm.

"Shut up Noah." I scanned through the cafeteria watching new kids. 

" I wish I was in the principal's office. Could've bunked Math. Mr. Gleeson is our teacher. You're gonna hate him. He's like the male version of Mrs. Lee.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Met any new kid from our class?"

"Yeah, there's this new girl named Amelia and two boys named Aman and Duncan in History. That guy Duncan has a funny accent. He's English"

"Since when do you find British accent funny?" My eyes fell on a tall boy with well build body, short cropped brown hair and eyes maybe green or blue, hard to tell from this angle. I could also see some girls ogling him, the Genevie, Skyler and Iva giving him flirtatious smile from their table. I don't know how Ivy is Skyler's best friend. She plays soccer with me, is ruthless and proper jock. But she also manages to do shits like Skyler and Genevie thus included in the mean girl group. I admit that guy is good looking, but there is a mischief in his eyes telling he is trouble. At one point he catches my eyes and I turn quickly to Noah.

"Who's that?" I pointed at the brown haired guy with my eyes.

"No idea. Haven't got any class with him. Hey, I'm running for class president."

"It's the first day Noah for god's sake. Anyways you'll only get 2 votes." He raised my eyes at me and I continued, "One from yourself and the other from the scrawny blonde girl who has a crush on you since 5th grade."

"O shut up. You'll vote for me. And you will also make sure others vote for me. Cuze you love me."

"Yeah yeah, in your dreams computer boy." We both start laughing because we both know what's gonna happen.

Then he chugs down the rest of his cranberry juice and says," See you at PE, we got some serious ass kicking to do." Yeah we sure do.

                                                                   ********

I got Held behind by Mr. Luois in History. He liked my essay report and wanted to discuss about it. He said that I had a great sense of thought and bringing out my feelings in my writing. That might be the best thing that happened to me all day.

I was practically jogging through the hall to avoid getting late for PE. I don't want Luke to rub anything in my face. Not today. I was surprised to see Noah lurking around his locker.

"What are you doing here? You are supposed to be in the gym." I slapped at his arm. He wasn't surprised to see me at all. Like he was waiting for me.

"What took you so long?"

"Got hold by Mr. Luois. He liked my essay."

"Good for you I'm not in History," he said it with a smirk. I know that Noah was right. He was better than me in every possible subject. Even PE (though he wouldn't show it). He deserves to be class president and I'm gonna do whatever I can to make that happen.

"Don't give yourself so much credit computer boy. Why aren't you in the gym?" We started walking towards the gym. But Noah kept pacing slowly.

"You know what they say, the one to be late...."

"Gets the changing room to himself" I finished his sentence. He doesn't like changing in crowd. It's definitely not because he doesn't have abs. When someone says Noah Flickermen, the first image people will have is a nerd guy wearing sweaters, getting As in everything and wearing heavy glasses. But that's not him. He has a great physique, great sense of smile, a sly flirtatious smirk and no glasses at all. Girls totally dig him, but he keeps ignoring  them.

We enter the gym ready to take on Coach Sandy barking on us. As expected he starts barking as soon as he sees us.

"Ryan, Flickermen. In charge of cleaning. You are lucky we haven't started yet or it would've been principle's office."

We rushed to the dressing room and got changed within minutes. Though I was supposed to find the dressing room empty, I saw Genevie hugging her stomach. When I raised an eyebrow at her, she mouthed stomach ache and I left.

"Team A and B west court, Team C and D east court. Remember it's dodge ball and your supposed to dodge it. Don't get hit and make a mess." So much for coach taking care of us.

I looked for Noah praying he was on my side or any of the team I don't have to oppose. We never competed against each other in anything. That way we can both win. When the team formed I was glad. I got Noah, Chris, Ivy, Duncan( He got a funny accent), Vallory, Rashmi and Melissa. Vallory, Ivy and Noah are great. Chris sums up good. rest we can easily pull up.

"Guess who we are against," Noah came from behind and pointed at the A team. Luke. That guy always ends up against me. 

So, the game begins. The first few balls were deliberately aimed for Reshmi and Duncan. They planned on reducing our number. But they managed to dodge somehow. A ball swooshed by me and Noah passed me a ball to hit Anne. But suddenly coach blew his whistle and I had a clear view without getting hit. Across me stood Luke, that new guy everyone's been swooning over (I didn't know he was against me until then) and Marlee. In our team stood me and Noah. 

2 against 3.

Riley from C got a cramp so she was heading back to the changing room. And so the game begun. We found it tough to put against Luke and the new kid. They were some player. At one point The new kid hit Noah in the face and He's out.

I stand alone facing the new kid. He looked me in the eye and there something else than winning the dodgeball. I dodged a ball from Luke and went to hit him with the one I had. That's when the new kid called my name "Jenny?" I made the mistake to look at him and got hit in the face. I fell down on my butt.

"What's up Ryan?" Luke snickered. "Got dazzled by all his charm. That's Alex Cove. He was a senior last year from wherever he came from."

I glanced at the direction where Alex Cove was surrounded by all those girls. What did they see in him? Noah picked me up by hand and handed me a bottle.

"We'll get them." He sounded cheerful. 

I took another glance at Alex Cove and caught him staring at me. He looked directly at me for a while then winked. I choked up at my water.

"Woah there. Easy. I didn't even do anything this time" Noah was patting my back and smirking. I opened my mouth to say SHUT UP COMPUTER BOY, but before I could use my voice a shrill cry came out from the dressing room. I glanced at Noah, It was Riley.