FACE THE CONSEQUENCE

Chapter 19

Noah and I listened quietly as agent Savvaro started recalling the events of tonight. Apparently she was a charm for everyone and no one even took a second glance at her.

"You said, you were ushered to the dance flowing with a group," Noah said. Agent Savvaro nodded guiltily. She was probably devastated inside for getting lost in the fun and forfeiting her duty.

"So that's where the anonymous got into action. There were a lot of people moving randomly. So you didn't even notice." Agent Savvaro stared at her shoes as Noah kept accessing the situation.

"She was supposed to dance. or else her disguise might have worn off. What teen doesn't like to dance?" Her face lit up a little at my words. Noah ignored me completely and glanced at road tensely. A dead silence fell between us. We could only pray that the police arrives on time. before anything bad can happen.

"Wait," I said. Both of them turned to me.

"The culprit didn't know that agent Savvaro would be here. Even if he did, he had no way to know that she'll bring the brand. He drugs his victim first right? Do you think he keeps drugs in his pocket all the time?" I was feeling a little hopeful. Maybe he didn't have everything to attack tonight.

"Yeah. In that case we have to keep an eye over everyone. Let's get inside." Agent Savvaro went inside. Noah and I waited for a moment and then got back inside.

When I got back inside, the crowd was full on back to partying. I scurried through the crowd with a hope of finding Alex. My getting out like that was not nice at all. I had to find him and give a good explanation.

Skyler found me when I was about to step for the stairs.

"There you are. People are whispering about how you ditched Alex."

"I didn't ditch Alex. It was an emergency," I tried to explain but she went on.

"But according to me, Alex is kind of fishy. I don't think he deserves you." There was something in Skyler's voice that made me believe her. She had genuine concern in her eyes. "But you should've seen Hannah. She hooked up with Chris the moment Alex turned to you. Those girls are worthless."

"Have you seen Alex?" I asked her. Whether or not he deserved me. No one deserved to be ditched without and explanation. Now I think about it, I might have taken the cupcake then explain him that I am not looking for romance right now.

"Don't tell me-"

"No, no", I cut her off. "I'm just going to explain him.

"Well he's not down here. He might be upstairs. No one has seen him after you left."

I thank Skyler and make my way to upstairs.

The upstairs were even fancier. There were large paintings on the wall. The frame told me not to touch them, they are quite expensive. I peeked at different rooms only to find all of them empty. I saw the faint glow of bathroom light from under the door. 

I knocked on the door praying please let it be Alex.

"Alex?" no answer. I turned the handle, it was locked. "Hello?" Still no answer. Anybody could have just used the bathroom and pulled the door and locked it by accident. I was about to turn around but the faint smell of burned flesh made my stomach churn. I would have screamed but my phone rang at the same time.

"Hello?" I press the phone to my ear.

"Agent Savvaro. The police is here. Where are you?"

"You have to come upstairs now. I think the culprit struck again." I was on the verge of tears thinking about all the persons that could be on the other side of the door.