UNEXPECTED VISITOR

Chapter 5

I take a ride from Noah in his suv, since I'm not allowed to walk alone after the probable mishap. Noah pulled in front of his house. 

"Looks like nobody's home. Let's hang out in your place," he said as he parked his car and we got out of it.

"Granma, Noah's here." I closed the door behind me and I saw someone sitting there with Gramps.

She wore a ash gray suit with a navy blouse. Her flat shoes indicating long hours of work. She had a small nose, olive skin and very sharp gray eyes. Her shiny  black hair was twisted and hold over her shoulder with a punch clip.

"Jenny, she's here to meet you," gramps said with a subtle smile.

"Hello, Ms. Ryan. My name is Alice Savvaro. I'm a special agent working with the FBI." I shook her extended hand. She had a firm grip and rigid posture which overall said business. She then turned to Noah, "I dropped by your house Mr. Flickermen. Apparently nobody was home. I'm lucky I found you both under one roof."

"You can't expect us to be home in school hours." There goes Noah with his charming smile. I could clearly see that our visitor already liked him better than me.

"Guilty as charged." She raised her hands in a surrender gesture. "I am here today to have your opinion about the mishap that occurred in your school." She put a lot of pressure on mishap and pointed us to have a seat. Granma comes with a plate of cookies and orange juice. As she puts them on the center table agent Savvaro starts, "Mr. and Mrs. Hastings, it's been very helpful to get your opinions about the matter. If it's not too much too ask, I would like to talk to them alone."

"O sure sure. It's no biggie. Come on dear." Gramps takes off the couch and guides grandma to the bedroom.

"It's a really unfortunate event what happened to Ms. Stone. I will expect you both to give me whatever you know. Do not leave out any details."

"Anything for a nice lady like you," Noah chirps in. I rolled my eyes at him and could swear that agent Savvaro was trying hard not to roll hers.

"I heard it was your P.E. period when you found her?" Noah and I nod our heads in unison. 

"What happened exactly?"

"We just finished of a dodgeball game. Then we heard a scream from the dressing room," I offered my most innocent look.

"yes, it was Ms.?"

"Riley, Riley Cragmaire." I had a bad feeling that she was suspecting Riley. But there was no way she could've done that. Sure she was jealous of Genevie because she was the Queen B. But she could not have gone that far.

"How long do you know her?"

"She transferred to Evergreen High in 8th grade. Jenny was in NY. So she knows her from 9th." Noah gives me a smile.

"So not very long compared to how long you two know each other?"

"No." I say.

"I'm gonna ask individual questions now. And I will expect the other one to remain completely silent. Is that clear?"

Noah nodded. I was a little hesitant. What was she like suspecting us now? Hello? We helped her. But I nodded anyway.

"So, Mr. Flickermen. You're the top student of your school. Soon to be running for president. Been a lifeguard at a swimming pool. Not a single dent on your record. But Ms. Ryan has a lot of records. Most of it are not so mentionable. But," she gave a scary pause. "Can it not be possible that it was one of her pranks that went overboard? After all she is known for her pranks."