COTTON CANDY

Chapter 7

Monday morning. 

I was hurrying through the hallway for my English. Settling down before the cheerleading squad arrived always gave me the high ground. But I doubted they would bicker with me after they became the reason of my trip to principal's office. 

I was walking on full pace and pulled out my phone as it beeped. New text from Noah.

"Dude, where r u? I give u ride in my car nd u forget meh?"

I know better than to reply that. We would start texting on every other lame topics in the world. I was worried how Noah would react after how I behaved yesterday. Apparently he just thought it was from the stress agent Savvaro caused. Hell right.

I was about to put my phone in my pocket when I bumped into someone and fell on my butt scattering everything that was on my hand on the ground.

"What the-" the words stop at my mouth as I face startling green eyes just inches away from me. 

"I am so sorry. I was looking at my phone." He reaches out a hand and I take it. Brown hair, green eyes, a handsome yet devious grin. Alex Cove.

He already gathered all my belongings and was handing them over to me. "I'm sorry," he said with a concern I never thought a guy like him could show.

"It was my fault too. I was texting." I shrugged at him. 

"Jenny, right?"

I was trying hard not to blush. A new guy, definitely hot, already knows my name.

"Yeah." I wanted to say and you're Alex Cove. But I kept my mouth shut. I clearly didn't want him to think I kept tabs on him.

"I'm Alex. I'm new here. You probably know that already. I moved from Brooklyn. This is my second time as senior," he paused and rubber his neck. "Sorry. You didn't wanna know that. I talk a lot when I'm nervous."

Wait, what? This guy is nervous talking with me? Last few days, I saw him flirting with girls smoothly and he is nervous around me?

"It's okay. Why are you nervous?" Smooth Jenny, real smooth.

"Actually, I never apologized for hitting your face last week. I tried to tell you on P.E. but I got stuck."

Yeah, all those girls ogling him always. How can he be free?

"I didn't aim for your face. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Not that it's my exquisite feature." I glance at him for his reaction. he seems kinda worried, angry even.

"I like your face. It's sweet innocent and has that sharp feature."

Now I was really blushing. I know he is flirting. But I can't stop grinning stupidly. Boys usually don't flirt with me because it results in receiving a glare from me. I might have glared at him too. But those green eyes. They are wrapping around my mind like cotton candy. That was a very lame comparison, but it was it.

I snap out of my cotton candy realm when Hannah links her arm with Alex.

"Hey handsome," Hannah disgusts me with her moaning voice.

"Hello beautiful. You look stunning in those short skirts." Seems like he can't avert his eyes from her legs.

Alex is the role model of the league of boys I hate. Athletes with no sense of decency and most of all no emotions and no brain. I scold myself for getting lost in his eyes.

I was about to leave when Alex holds my arm, "We'll catch up later." Then he winks at me like we are sharing some dirty jokes.

PUKE.