PARTY AND POOPER

Chapter 18

I held two dresses in front of the mirror unable to decide what to were. On my right hand I had a pink floral dress whose sleeve went up to my elbow. On my left I had a full sleeve lacy dress. Both were the prettiest dress I had. So, I called for Noah through the door.

"What?" He removed his curtains.

"I can't decide." I held up the two dresses for him to see.

"You're asking me? Dude, I have zero experience and interest in this." I sighed at his words. At this point I wished so much that my mom was alive. She would've picked the dress, done my hair. 

"Okay," I said.

"Wait. Let me call mom." I immediately lit up. Susannah would know. She will help me. Susannah came up running when Noah screamed saying it was an emergency. She saw me in the window and rushed to me.

"Is everything alright? Are you hurt?" Her eyes were worried. Then she noticed the two dresses in my hand. "Oh. Let me get a look at them." I held up the dresses higher.

"The black one. It's time you women up. Take the dress and come over. I'll do your make up and hair. You'll be the prettiest one." I was about to tear up at the motherly affection when she said, "And please, through the front door." And I burst out laughing.

"Don't you think I should tie it up?" I asked Susannah as she pressed the curler in my hair.

"No. You have beautiful hair. Why tie it up? Have a look." My hair was parted from the middle and let loose in messy curls from the shoulder. It wasn't much different from my usual hair. But it looked a lot neat. She applied a little mascara and a thin line of eyeliner. 

"Please no," I told her as she opened a bottle of brick red lipstick. I usually only wore lip gloss or nude color lipsticks.

"Shush. It'll go nice with black. I wanted to go for cherry red. But you would have passed out just taking a look at it." I shushed when I saw the red lipstick looking fine. Susannah handed me a black heel whose lace went up a little higher than my ankle. I immediately fell in love with the shoe.

"I wore this to my prom. I couldn't make Noah were them, could I?" She tucked my hair behind my ears and whispered, "You're the daughter I never had. These are yours."

I squeaked a little then whorled around after wearing the heels.  I looked at myself on the full length mirror of Susannah's dressing room and I looked beautiful. Most of all, I felt beautiful.

"Oh Susannah, thank you." I would have cried if she hadn't said, "Don't you dare. I put a lot of effort on that make up." She kissed my forehead.

********************

Noah was wearing a black leather jacket and a white T that said 'Rock The Night' over his black jeans. he handed me a strawberry punch and said, "They got a lot of money huh?"

"Uhuh," I said as I glanced around his big house. There was a big space in the middle of the house where we are standing. Surrounding it was a round walkway which led to two stairs on two sides to take you upstairs. In stead of walls, they had glass walls through which I could see their ginormous pool on the flood light.

No doubt their family had a lot of money. But nobody has seen Mr. Cove. He stays away on business trips most of the time. Alex maintains this house all on his own. It wasn't messy at all like it would've been when left under a teenager. Rather it had a very sweet vibe to it.

I haven't seen Alex since we came here. He saw me when I entered the house and waved at us. He was going to approach me, but Hannah looped her hand through his arm and ushered him in the opposite direction.