𝟔. 𝐀𝐬𝐡 𝐀𝐬𝐡 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲

I was going to wait and post this tomorrow, but fuck it. This one is dedicated to Ashton, the birthday boy :) love you! <3

~ ~ ~ 

Forty-five minutes and a few drinks later, everyone except Alina was tipsy, to say the least. By now, everyone had gotten to know each other and the boys were getting along together especially. Calum and Ashton were acting as if they've known each other for years, and Luke seemed to be loosening up around the brown-eyed boy. It all felt so natural that they swore they'd hang out together again.

Alina didn't mind being around her drunk friends, in fact, she found it very entertaining to watch. At the moment, Nina and Calum were hand wrestling with Alina and Luke cheering on the brown-haired girl and Jada and Ashton rooting for Calum.

"That's gotta hurt," Ashton winced as Nina dragged Calum from the table where their hands had previously been to the floor with a battle cry.

"Nina, Nina! I surrender," Calum spluttered out as the girl sat on his back while holding his arms behind him.

"Say it. Say Nina is the Oreo cookie and I'm the cream!"

"You're insane woman," he yelled, refusing to repeat after her.

Nina pressed his arms tighter against his back and he let out a shout. "Nina, chill! The cookie and cream go together and get along, which you guys should be doing. C'mon get off the floor," Alina scolded, wrenching Nina's hands off of Calum.

"Your friends are crazy. I like that. Why haven't we hung out before?" Ashton chuckled, placing a hand on Alina's shoulder.

"Because we just met," she teased.

"Fuck that," the curly-haired man tipped his drink back before hearing Ice Ice Baby fill the room. "This is a jam. C'mon," Ashton took Alina by the hand and backpedaled towards the dance floor.

The two began to dance crazily while mouthing the words at each other. "Alright stop!" Ashton shouted, putting his palm up to the small girl with a laugh.

"Collaborate and listen!" Alina dramatically cupped her ear with her right hand.

Bouncing up and down, they were completely oblivious to Luke's hard stare from the kitchen. He poured himself another drink, trying to wash away the green monster that was growing inside his stomach. They looked happy. Good for them, he thought bitterly. Luke hardly knew her and was sure that it was just a friendly interaction but he did not like it. His blue eyes narrowed as Ashton playfully twirled Alina around.

Not one bit.

As the chorus came, Alina jokingly bowed her head down and stretched her arms out in mock worship to the curly-haired man who began to dance like a stiff robot. "Ash Ash Baby," she sang, giggling in glee. Anyone watching would assume that she was drunk out of her mind, but Alina could have a good time without alcohol. She was just drunk off of good vibes.

He would have preferred being the one to dance with her but despite this fact, Luke could not keep the smile off his face. If this was what she was like sober, what would she be like drunk? He knew she had told him that he'd never see that sight, but it was fun to imagine.

The song ended and Ashton pulled Alina in for a hug, saying something to her that made her nod and smile. But she didn't blush, Luke told himself cockily.

However, Luke was soon distracted by a text on his phone. Hardly anyone noticed as he went to leave the room but not before glancing at the two dancing one last time.