𝟏𝟖. 𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐫𝐮𝐛𝐛𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐫

^^ my face at this chapter

~ ~ ~ 

Alina forgot to mention that the breakup and fight, which occurred yesterday, had been on Christmas Eve.

Today was Christmas and despite Nina and Calum's insistence that she drink a little and forget Luke for the day, Alina had waved them off. Besides, with her brother not visiting now, she had decided to work on Christmas Day for extra pay and merely go to her parents' house for dinner.

Unfortunately for her, Macy had a similar plan.

Since the start of their shift at 11:00, the deadly glares from the dark tall brunette had been relentless for more than three hours. Just ignore her. Don't start anything, Alina reminded herself.

These repeated mantras kept her cool and collected until Macy harshly shoved her shoulder into Alina while the girl was carrying empty plates back to the kitchens.

"Careful. That would be a shame if they broke," Macy snuffed a laugh at the sight of Alina regaining the balance of her tray.

Holding herself back, she did not say a thing to Macy and instead walked to the back rooms with her head held high. There were only fifteen minutes left in her shift. Fifteen minutes and then she would be done with Macy. She wouldn't have to see her for a week.

The week of the beach vacation that Alina was still going on with the rest of her friends. Yes, it would be awkward as hell and Luke would probably give her the cold shoulder, but the girl didn't want to disappoint Calum, Nina, and Jada.

Those three weren't involved in her, hopefully brief, falling out with Luke and didn't deserve to have their plans come crashing down because of a petty fight between the two.

Besides, Luke and she would have to make up some time and maybe the beach would provide the relaxing atmosphere where they could do so. They couldn't continue to work at Ketchup's, share mutual friends, and not speak to each other. Right?

Untying and then lifting her apron over her head, she hung it back on the rack. Her hands felt icky from serving and touching plates and tables all day so Alina went into the empty backroom to wash her hands in the large sink.

Her hands lathered in soap, Alina began to rinse off the suds with cool water. Getting under her fingernails, she was unconscious of the fact that someone was walking up behind her.

"So, what's your deal?"

Jumping around at the noise, the girl quickly turned off the faucet as she eyed Macy hesitantly. "What do you mean?" Alina asked, setting down the towel that she had dried her hands with.

With her dark, long hair in a low bun, Macy crossed her thin arms and rolled her eyes. "This stupid act needs to stop now," she said, her dark red lips pressed into a thin line.

At this statement, the tension in the room increased drastically and Alina bit her lip to keep herself from saying something rash. It was all in vain when Macy rolled her eyes a second time. "I could say the same for you but yours is not an act," Alina snapped, walking past Macy. I can't deal with her bullshit.

As she was passing Macy, the only hint of the incoming impact was a sudden swell of air against her face. Clutching her cheek in pain, Alina stumbled back and stared at the tall girl in shock.

Macy had slapped her.

"What the fuck is your problem?!" Alina croaked, tears pricking her eyes. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't ignore the throbbing in her now flushed cheek.