𝟕. 𝐊𝐞𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐮𝐩 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

"Nina accidentally knocked my drink over. It's all fine, mate," Michael replied casually before checking on said girl with the hope she was feeling better. Sometimes all one needs is to get the matter of one's chest.

What Michael didn't know was that the "occupied someone" Nina had mentioned was now in the room.

"Luke. Ketchup again," Ashton snickered, pointing to the blue-eyed man's mouth, where at the corner of his lip there was a smudge of what looked like lipstick.

"Fuck off man," Luke huffed, rubbing a finger in an attempt to get it off. However, it had already made its mark on not only Luke but Alina.

All the pieces fell into place. Ashton had joked about it before, but Alina had been too far away and distracted by serving them to really inspect the dark red smudge. But I thought Nina said he had gone to the bathroom, a small voice in Alina's head whimpered. Maybe he had, maybe he hadn't. All she knew, which she should've realized before, was that there was no point in hoping she could ever have a sliver of a chance with him.

One could say Luke played with her feelings, but Alina figured he had a flirty or cheeky personality at the core. He teased me like that when I was younger, didn't he? And there was no he liked me then, so why did I ever imagine him liking me any other way now?

"I didn't know," Nina whispered in Alina's ear, grabbing the paper towels from her hands and leaning down to pick up some glass with Ashton. At least I can be helpful in this aspect, Nina thought solemnly.

Alina did not blame Nina in the least. She knew her friend just wanted her to be happy. Now I know. Now I just have to accept it and move on.

"Baby? Where did you go?" A high-pitched voice called from the room next door.

Alina recognized that voice.

"In here Macy," Luke responded, looking away from Alina with a frown. He knew that Macy recently got a job at Ketchup's and that's why he visited the restaurant yesterday. He thought he'd get her as a waiter but instead, he had Alina, which he wasn't mad about.

Putting a diamond earring in her left ear, Macy came into Michael's room. With her long black hair curled, she looked stunning in a tight red satin dress.

You've gotta be shitting me, Alina thought, internally screaming. Out of all the Macys, he had to choose this one?

"Oh. My. God. Is that you Alina? I did not recognize you with all that eyeliner," Macy gushed sweetly, looking the girl up and down. She grabbed Luke's hand and continued, "Sorry for being late...I was a little bit tired after a few rounds this afternoon."

"Ew. TMI," Michael fake puked, sticking a finger in his mouth while sticking his tongue out.

"Hopefully not too tired for more," Luke murmured cheekily, brushing his lips against Macy's forehead.

Ouch. Alina had been planning on getting along with whoever Luke's girlfriend was, but this sudden reveal had her questioning if she could. She'd have to try extra hard now to be friendly and genuinely interested in whatever Macy had to say.

"Yep! It's me, Alina," the small girl chirped, immediately cringing at the false cheeriness in her voice.

"Well, if we are doing introductions, we might as well get Calum and Jada back here," Ashton suggested.

"I'll get them," Alina jumped at the opportunity to leave the room, if only for a brief moment to find Calum and Jada.

The journey through the hallway from the bedrooms to the living room providing Alina with much-needed breathing room. She felt ashamed and self-absorbed for being so affected by the news of Luke having a girlfriend. I mean, what was I expecting? It's been two years and I had only talked to him once before.