𝟏𝟎. 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐄𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐋𝐢𝐞?

Happy birthday to this beautiful man that has my heart and soul. Love you, Luke :')

~ ~ ~ 

Fifteen minutes later, Alina handed the chef multiple orders and as she was about to proceed back out to the tables, Kelly's door opened. Luke's tall frame exited the room; the man sported a wide grin.

"You got it. Damn it," Alina joked, slapping a hand to her thigh in mock disappointment.

"That's not how you talk to your new busboy, klutz," Luke tsked, shaking his head down at her. He grabbed a spare apron off of the hooks, wrapping the ties around his waist. Kelly told him that he might as well start work today.

"Ha, I'm technically your superior," she pressed a finger onto his chest sassily. "You clean after me, BFG," Alina teased, emphasizing her point by tapping him with each word. With that, Alina turned and began to walk out of the kitchen.

However, Luke gently grabbed a hold of her wrist, stopping her from leaving just yet. "Don't worry. I'm quite good at aftercare," the dirty blonde bit back a laugh at her flustered expression.

"Shut up," Alina rolled her eyes, denying the shivers that ran up her arm at his touch, a touch she craved now that it was gone. Out of his grip, the small girl gave him one last glance before making her way to table 6.

"Make me," Luke murmured after her before unbuttoning his sleeves and pushing them up to his elbows. He grabbed a clean cloth and a Lysol spray bottle.

~ ~ ~

Her last table for the day satisfied and ready to leave, Alina gave them back the checkbook with a smile: "I hope you come back soon!"

"We will," the couple assured, grabbing their things and heading towards the door, lightly chattering between themselves.

At 6:45, Alina was done for the day. Luke still had to clean up a couple of tables, but his shift was technically the same as hers: four hours long. However, his shifts were every day, except the weekend, from 2:30 to 6:30 in the evening because he had all morning classes junior year.

On the other hand, Alina's shifts varied. Working three times a week, she served Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m., and Saturday from 11:00 to 3:00 in the afternoon. The two 'T days', as she called them, were her favorite because Macy did not work those days.

The employees on the next shift from 6:30 to 10:30, closing time, were already getting in the back room, ready to switch with the others.

"This is my time to shine," Luke hurried from the kitchen, a towel slung over his shoulder. The man had a new appreciation for bussers; they had their work cut out for them with running to wipe down tables before setting up again with clean utensils, calling down servers if need be, and supplying servers with everything they need.

"Look at your form!" Alina gasped dramatically, impersonating a posh critic. "Where has this been?!" Her hands waved towards his body stretched over the table, wiping the counter down.

His neck and face glistening with sweat, Luke rolled his eyes at her as he continued to scrub crumbs and other leftovers off the table. He was going to say something about stamina, but he bit his lip to keep himself from subjecting the girl to another sexual innuendo. Instead, Luke asked, "Are you hungry?"

"Of course," Alina replied bluntly, a smile creeping onto her round face. She was always in the mood to eat.

"C'mon, I'll buy you dinner."

"No, no, I'm fine. I don't need you to spend money on me," Alina quickly declined, shaking her head softly.

"It's an apology for that blouse of yours," Luke insisted, peering down at her with the hopes that she would accept his invitation.