𝟏𝟐. 𝐏𝐮𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐲

I highly recommend listening to Harry Styles's Sunflower, Vol. 6 during this chapter (btw I am updating the playlist for every chapter I post). I think it really suits it xx 

~ ~ ~ 

Tuesday morning met Alina with unwelcome arms. Three nights had passed after finding out about Macy's infidelity and she still could not fall asleep until almost 4:00 a.m.

Alina had just agreed to not say a thing to pacify Macy. There was no way she was not going to tell Luke. It just wasn't right.

Yes, Luke might possibly find out about Alina's feelings for him if Macy followed through with her threat, but she'd rather open his eyes to the truth and avert him from later pain than save her own skin.

She'd wait a week or so, just to give herself a bit of time to plan out how she'd tell him. Alina wasn't stalling, she told herself, just finding the right moment and way to tell Luke that she caught Macy cheating.

Unfortunately, Alina had English class at 10:30 so she now sat in her seat, instead of sleeping, listening to Mr. Smith drone on and on:

"Hemingway uses this simple, concise style of writing to-"

Ding. Ding ding. Ding.

"Who's phone is that?" Mr. Smith paused, dropping his pen on his table to get up out of his seat.

That couldn't be me. I always have my phone on silent, Alina thought. However, the obnoxious noise continued as people checked their phones. To be safe, the light brown-haired girl pulled hers out of her backpack and noticed, of course, that her phone was the problem.

There were fourteen and counting texts from a group chat, "Nina's Bitches," that her friends had created with everyone, minus Macy, when she was in the "bathroom" and Macy was on the phone with her "mom."

"Wright."

"I'm sorry, sir. It's off now."

"It better be or I won't hesitate to ask you to leave for interrupting our class's precious time together," Mr. Smith warned, walking past the girl's desk back to his chair.

Jada leaned over to whisper to Alina once Mr. Smith had his back turned. "The group chat, right?" Alina nodded in response. "You gotta put that shit on silent. C'mon now," She shook her head in disappointment. Jada thought that Alina should have known better.

"I thought I did!"

"Wright," Mr. Smith snapped, his bespectacled eyes flashing impatiently.

"Sorry," Alina murmured, busying herself with the pencil in her hand. She hated being called out in class. Despite her hard work ethic and focus in class, the girl always managed to annoy Mr. Smith somehow.

~ ~ ~

An hour and a half later, Alina pulled out her phone as she was walking back to her apartment to read the texts she missed:

The Sensation ;) What is up my people

Nina <3 I'm in class bitch

The Sensation ;) Paying attention I see. And so am I but my teacher doesn't give a fat shat

Nina <3 Neither does mine but I thought that would shut you up

Mikey :3 You guys are the cutest

Ashton xD Why aren't you dating?

Jadie ...back off

Lucas -_- Spicy