𝟐𝟔. 𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚

This chapter is dedicated to rosedtattoo for her amazing comments (hope you like it bunny). Anyway, long time no selfie hehe. I got my wisdom teeth pulled out a few days ago so I haven't done much writing, but school's starting soon for me too so...get used to me saying "hi, i missed you" on most of my a/ns haha 

~ ~ ~ 

Luke :) i'm here klutz

Luke :) are you sleeping??

Luke :) we have a date ya know

Alina No shit

Luke :) what are you doing? can you let me in at least?

Alina New number who dis?

Luke :) why do i even ask

Alina I can hear you sighing from here

Luke :) good

Alina had heard him knocking on the door a few minutes before but she had been too busy pulling jeans up her legs.

It wasn't like she lost track of time. It was more like she found herself laying on her bed on Sunday morning with the inability to get up.

Today a date with Luke Hemmings? Who laced my melatonin?

The girl merely couldn't decide if she was sleeping or not. Her dreams didn't differ much from what today was, so it was hard to tell between the two.

Seeing his text asking her to open the door, Alina swiped some mascara on her eyelashes with her mouth open in an unintentionally unflattering expression. She grabbed some strawberry kiwi chapstick from the painted plate (one she proudly did herself) on her bedside table and stuffed it in her pocket along with her keys.

Sporting mom jeans, a white fitted crop top, and a black and yellow flannel, Alina gave herself one more look down before snatching her phone to text him back.

Alina -bye?

Luke :) do you even want to see where i'm taking you?

However, he had hardly sent the text when Luke heard her feet pattering against the floor inside the apartment.

"Hi," she greeted breathlessly as she yanked the door open. Her eyes took in his outfit: a casual blue t-shirt that brought out the color of his piercing eyes along with black skinny jeans.

"You look beautiful, Lina," the dirty blonde complimented, taking in the sight of her.

His eyes raked from the arm that held the door, following the light freckles there to the ones dotting a trail all the way to her shoulders — her flannel loosely hanging off her back and hiding the mosaic of soft flesh and tiny dots of brown.

"Thanks, Luke," she smiled brightly, the corners of her mouth lifting and bringing the positivity to her hypnotizing eyes. "I see you stuck with comfort over style," Alina teased, glancing at his black pants.

Luke moved to give her space as she backpedaled and closed the down behind her, leaning over to lock it.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Just that you seem comfortable going with your usual black skinny jeans," she shrugged as she slipped her keys back in her jeans pocket.

"You've got a problem with that, klutz?" He asked, placing his hands on his hips sassily.