𝟐𝟗. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚 𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭

Helloooo! I missed you guys. Enjoy this long chapter <3 

~ ~ ~ 

Alina saw the way he grabbed his phone when he came back from the bathroom, his eyes flickering to hers once he pressed his home button and his screen lit up with unread messages.

She looked at him expectantly, her eyes falling from his nervous blue ones to his tense, closed mouth. Why isn't he saying anything? Does he think I didn't see the texts or does he believe that it isn't a big deal? Alina huffed to herself.

He cleared his throat, "So, you ready to head out? I'll walk you back to your apartment."

"Yep," she said shortly. The girl grabbed her backpack, finding the exit without even making sure if he was following behind her.

Her coldness spoke volumes and Luke cursed under his breath before trailing after her. Once his tall frame was out of the doorway, he was met with the sight of Alina tapping her foot impatiently against the sidewalk.

If there was anything Alina learned from her first, unsuccessful relationship, it was the importance of being honest and upfront about her feelings. She still struggled to voice her thoughts and opinion, unlike her close friend Ariana, but she was working on it each day. This was a chance to try it out.

"I saw those texts from Macy," Alina pointed out bluntly after walking in silence for five minutes. This halted the man's strides and it took everything in her to keep strolling down the cracked pavement. If this all blew up in her face, at least she'd have her apartment to run to.

"Y-You did?" He spluttered out pathetically, seeing no use in denying anything. He had been texting Macy and planned on keeping that from Alina, as it would only upset her, but it looked like the cat was out of the bag.

"Yeah. I did," she kicked a granite stone with her foot, it skidding into the street. "Why are you talking to her again?" The frowning girl sighed, breaking her promise to herself and glancing up at him.

His shoulders were slouched over as he had shoved both his hands in his pockets moments before. If they were in a different situation, Alina's worries and frustrations would have evaporated at the sight.

"It's nothing really," Luke mumbled, avoiding the feature of hers that he was particularly susceptible to: her eyes. As cliché as it sounded, they were the window to her thoughts and emotions. Now he wished that he could close the blinds, for his sake and her own as well.

They were about a block away from her apartment complex, the sidewalk strangely empty for a weekday; she was glad it was so. She didn't need to worry about how she appeared to strangers while addressing the boy who was driving her up the wall.

Spinning around to face him, Alina snapped, "Well, I'd like to know. It's not nothing to me."

"It's like you don't trust me or something!" The dirty blonde replied defensively while ironically hiding his own worry of who he could have faith in.

"It's not you I don't trust. It's your fucking psycho bitch ex."

"She's not psycho," he laughed humorlessly, shaking his head at her exaggeration. He knew that Macy was a cheating liar, but he was blind to the fact that she had laid a hand on Alina. Maybe his opinion of her would have plummeted even further if he had discovered this.

"Why are you defending her! She cheated on you," she yelled in exasperation, her hands rising in the air and then lazily slapping down on her thighs. "I have no idea why you would talk to her again and intentionally keep this from me un-unless you are seeing her again," her voice faded out into a whisper.