twenty-two✰

Rafe had picked up the pieces that night, he fixed me like all the times before. He decided it'd be best if I spent the night with him so, we started the drive to Tannyhill. My body was still aching for sobs. My family, my people, they didn't want me anymore. What happened to protecting Marley? They should've been protecting me from them cause in the end they were the ones that hurt me.

"Come on Bambi," the boy said pulling my still lifeless body out of the car. He wrapped her arms around me, lifting my body as I instinctively wrapped my legs around him burying my face in the crook of his neck. The smell of cologne burning through my noise as soft tears stained his shirt. He carried me all the way to his room, where he laid me on the bed as he walked out of the room. I looked towards the door and felt the same cold feeling over the loss of his body against mine and I started to cry. "Hey,hey" he said grabbing my face "what's wrong?"

"Y-you left me." I said pouting. The boy let out a laugh, kissing my cheek.

"Never leaving you." he said rubbing his thumb against my cheek. A soft smile turned at my lips as I watched the boy change. At first I turned away from the boy giving him the privacy to change but then I remembered that I've kinda seen everything anyways. "Okay, I'm going to go get some snacks." he said as my face lit up. "Are you gonna survive without me?" he asked laughing.

"Shut up Powerpuff." I said rolling my eyes.

"There's my girl." he said as I felt my cheeks pink up. I watched him shut the door behind him as I got up and looking through his closet for something to wear. The boy towered over me so this would be interesting. I looked around finding a pair of sweatpants and hoodie. When I threw on the hoodie it feel past my thighs and the sweatpants barely stayed on but I jumped back into his bed as the smell of the sheets took over my senses. That was Rafe, that was my...Rafe.

"I'm ba-" he said cutting himself off "are those my clothes?" he said laughing at my outfit.

"No." I said trailing the 'o' and giggling.

"I could've just got you something of Sarah's." he said as I shook my head.

"Nope. I like this much better" I said engulfing myself in his clothes.

"You are the cutest Marley Avery." he said setting the bag of chips and candy on the bed.

"Ooo candy!" I said excitedly.

"Okay peanut what you wanna watch?" he asked.

"I don't care." I said smiling and looking back at the boy.

"Okay how about just some music and we can just talk?"

"Yeah." I said as I leaned back falling into the boy's arms. He turned on the music and brought my body closer to his. I looked up at him as a smile grew across my face.

"What?" he asked laughing.

"You're amazing Rafe." I said bringing my hand to his face.

"Stop it." he said shaking his head.

"Rafe." I paused. "I'm serious, you mean so much to me."

"Right back at you Peanut." he said pulling my face to his as he connected our lips. Each time the boy kissed me it felt like time stopped and he fixed everything that's was broken within me.

"What am I gonna do about the Pogues?" I asked my mind still stuck on JJ's words.

"Bambi can I be honest?" he asked. I nodded looking into his eyes. "Fuck your friends." he said looking towards me for a reaction.

"I know you're right." I said pushing away the painful feeling in my chest. So that was the attitude I was going with, fuck my friends. I turned over so I no longer was on top of Rafe I just sat looking at the ceiling as I heard the boy sigh and shuffle over so now his entire body was laying on mine. "Oh my god Rafe stop!" I said choking on the weight of the boy's body on mine.

"Are you gonna call me fat again?" he said meeting her eyes.

"No." I paused. "Just find a more comfortable position." I said laughing as he adjusted his position laying his head on my chest I laughed as my hands found his hair running my fingers through it. I felt my legs shiver as the boy grabbed a blanket and pulled it over us.

"Goodnight Baby." he said leaning up and placing a soft kiss on my lips.

My eyes fluttered close and a comfortable sleep-like silence took over the room. My breath slowed as I felt Rafe look up at me but I barely had any emotional effort to open my eyes.

"Marls." he said quietly and when he didn't receive a response he assumed I was asleep "I love you." he said nuzzling back into my chest. My body froze at his comment I knew he meant so much to me, but did I love him I didn't know.

______________

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

a/n

what's up
okay peace out