Part 11

Jotaro and company stopped The Lovers' cowardly attack. To avoid the political unstable route from Iran to Iraq, they crossed the Arabian Sea at Karachi, and entered the United Arab Emirates.

"Now, once you sign this, you'll be under contract." The salesman said.

"Here, right?" Joseph said. He sign the paper.

"Man... If a cute girl like you asked me to, I might even buy them a car." Polnareff was flirting with a girl.

"My, what a talker." She said. Polnareff took her hands.

"How about we get dinner sometime?" Polnareff asked. Joseph put an envelope on Polnareff's hair, messing it up.

"Polnareff, I'm terribly sorry to interrupt when you're so busy, but..."

"Mr. Joestar!" Polnareff hopped up.

"We're leaving." Axel said.

"Come on! Don't mess with the hair. It's really hard to get this hairdo right." Polnareff fixed his hair.

"Who cares about your hairdo? We need you to drive." Axel said.

"Righto! Bye, Mademoiselle." Polnareff waved at the lady. "But, man, Mr. Joestar, why are we riding in such a fancy, expensive car in the first place? Why not get an off-road vehicle?"

"You'll find out soon enough."

"But, man, I can't believe this country. Every house we see is like a mansion." Polnareff said.

"Indeed." Joseph said. He pulled out a map. "All the houses around here would cost 3 or 4 billion yen in Tokyo. Apparently, this is the norm for the people here. Just twenty years ago, this was all desert, but thanks to massive profits from the oil crisis, this place grew into a dream-like city."

"The sun is harsh, but with air conditioning, it's perfectly comfortable inside the car. No complaints here." Axel said. Polnareff looked through the mirror and saw Kakyoin didn't look very happy.

"What's wrong, Kakyoin?" Jotaro asked.

"I-It's nothing. The view here is amazing. If anyone were after us, I'm sure we'd spot them, but I feel like someone's watching us, so I can't help looking back." Kakyoin said.

"Yeah, I can't blame you." Polnareff said.

"Well, with that in mind, I've been thinking about our route from here. About 100 kilometers northwest is a village called Yarpline. Because of the desert and mountains, the road is heavily curved. It takes two days to reach by car, so the villagers use a Cessna to travel. I think we should go to the village first, buy a Cessna, and cross the vast Saudi Arabian desert. Up till now, I've been worried that attacks by Stand users would cause any airplane we rode in to crash, putting innocent lives at risk. But if we have a Cessna, I can pilot it, and it'll shorten out travel time." Joseph explained.

"I don't really want to board a Cessna with a man who's been through three plane crashes." Jotaro said.

"Well, anyways, I think we should first cross this desert to get to the village of Yarpline. On camels, it would take one day." Joseph said.

"Camels?!" Axel said.

"A Cessna's one thing, but wait a minute! I've never rode a camel before." Polnareff said.

Joseph chuckled. "Leave it to me. I know them very well. I'll teach you how to ride. Just sit back and relax." 

They arrived at the village of Yarpline.

"You want camels? Sure, but they're pretty expensive and not easy to care for." The guy said.

"We're in a serious, life-or-death situation. So we need them, whatever it takes. As for payment, how about a trade for that car?" Joseph said. Everyone was surprised.