04

Jaemin has always been confident and courageous. He certainly was before. His palms were sweaty, knees trembled, and his cheeks dusted in pink. "Jeno, can I have your number?" He said, turning his face away, afraid he would notice the obvious blush on his face. Jeno tore his gaze away from the television. 

"Huh?" Confusion was written on his face. Jaemin sighed. Jaemin cleared his throat. Jeno grabs the remote and turns down the volume. "Can I have your number, Jeno?" Jaemin said. His voice was louder than expected. He buried his face in his palms in embarrassment. 

 "I do not have any." Jaemin looks up to meet his gaze, only to regret it when he feels his face heat up further. Who doesn't? "It's not that I'son't want to give you my number. I just don't have one." Jeno defends himself, a little embarrassed by his words. Jaemin frowns, disappointed. 

"But! You can have my g-mail instead!" Jeno smiled at him waving his phone. Cute. He whispered under his breath. Jaemin smiles back at him, walking over to the elder with trembling knees, almost relenting. Jeno pats the empty space next to him and beckons him to sit next to him. Jeno's side profile was a pleasing sight. Jaemin takes the time to admire the work in front of him. Jeno scrunched his nose as types, brows furrowed, he seemed so focused. He lets out a cute noise when he finished, handling Jaemin's phone back. 

"Thank you." Jeno hummed, his eyes fixed on the screen again.

 -- If it hadn't been Mark Hyung he wouldn't have come. His posture is slouching and lazy when he waits for his Hyung to open the door for him. Mark spammed him a lot of messages asking him to catch up. He rolled his eyes at the faint footsteps. Mark smiled maliciously as he opened the door. "Wipe that off, please. It's creepy." He jokes, stepping inside. 

 "Jaemin, I never thought you would get married before me." Mark jokes, humor is lacking but enough to draw a laugh from Jaemin. "You are so dramatic Hyung." Mark grinned and slapped Jaemin lightly on his shoulder. They've been friends for three years. Jaemin met him in the last year of middle school. Although they are different in many ways, they clicked and instantly became close to each other. 

They may have taken a different path after they graduated high school, their bond remained the same. Mark has always been a great friend and hyung to him, he couldn't be more grateful to meet someone like him. "So, how's Lee Jeno?" Jaemin's lips twitch at the hearing of his name. "Epitome of perfection." His eyes sparkled as he finished the sentence. 

 "That's good, Hyuck would strangle you to death if you said otherwise." Yup, Jeno's friend, Lee Donghyuck, was Mark's boyfriend. He is also friends with him. He will be forever grateful to Donghyuck, no matter what. 

 "Any progress?" "He gave me his g-mail." "That's something ..." Jaemin quickly interrupts him. "Cute." 

 "Why don't you try sending him an email?" Mark suggested, snatching Jaemin's phone from his grasp. "He's probably busy now, it will be use-". Before even finishing the sentence, Mark has already sent the message. "Too late." 

He smirks, earning a stink eye from the younger. "Mark Hyung!" Jaemin whines, dramatically. "He won't answer ..." He moaned in frustration as he rolled over the carpet. Mark took a picture with him. 

 To: Jeno Lee [Image Attached] Hi, I'm Jaemin's friend Mark. My friend is on the verge of crying, please respond as fast as possible when you get a chance to see this. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. He sends the message and looks at Jaemin who is sulking on the floor. Within a few seconds, Jaemin's phone lights up. 

He threw it in Jaemin's direction, intending to land it on his face. "Why would you do that?!" Mark laughs at him. "What's so funny about that?" Jaemin is pissed off, rubbing the spot where his phone landed. "Check your g-mail, idiot." 

Jaemin rolled his eyes as he checked his g-mail. 

 From: Jeno Lee Good afternoon Jaemin. I am really too lazy to write anything. Call this number. XXXXXXXX. 

P.S I'm using the telephone!

 Jaemin rolls once more. Too hard, he collides with the shelf, knocking over some books that have fallen on him. There was a dull pain in his back but he chose to ignore it. Straightening up, he smiles in victory. "Hyung! He answered!" He screams of pure happiness and excitement. Mark returns with a cup of coffee, grinning. "You have to call him."

"What no! I have nothing... "Mark got fed up with Jaemin complaining this and that, and quickly yanked his phone out of his hand for the second time that day. "You're welcome." Mark shoved Jaemin's phone into his grasp. He already dialed the number Jeno gave him. Jaemin pulled it closer to his ears. Heart is pounding heavily. 

"It's ringing! It's ringing!" He chants. "Write, write, write." He pushed an empty piece of paper at Mark. Mark looks for a pen with wide eyes. "I don't really know how to talk to him, just write something down, okay?" He said, his voice full of anxiety. "Hello?" A voice from the other line spoke. Jaemin was speechless. It was Jeno, Lee Jeno on the other line he talks to. 

"Jeno?" He asked in a trembling voice. "Hi, Jaemin." Jeno's voice is so soft to his ears. "Ah yeah. . ." He trails off. He glances at Mark who has already written something on the paper and holds it up so he can see it. 

"The reason I called is. . ." Would you like to see a movie with me tomorrow? Mark winks at him. "Would you like to see a movie with me tomorrow?" Mark holds up another sheet of paper. 

"There is something interesting being shown in theaters ..." He couldn't help but smile. "Okay, sure," Jeno said from the other line, his face heating up. "Aw, really? Thank goodness!" He couldn't contain his giggles. Jeno smiles from the other line. 

 "Tomorrow, at 10." "Okay." Mark does his best not to coo. "Okay, goodbye Jeno. Take care." He ends the call with a silent cry, throwing himself at the elder. 

"Thank you very much Mark Hyung! I owe you my life!" Mark pretends to be disgusted by pushing him away from him. "Yuck!Yuck!! Get off me!" Jaemin tightens his grip on his hyung. "You're my hero!" 

fun fact: i don't have a phone number irl. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.