18

6 years later 

"Dada!" The 5-year-old exclaimed excitedly, jumping onto the mattress. The child squeezed himself to fit in the small space between his Papa and Dada. He brought himself closer to his Dada's face, examining his features. Minho looked a lot like Jaemin. He inherited most of his characteristics from his dada, all he got from his papa is the identical mole underneath his eye.

 Jaemin has his eyes closed, snores softly, and it seemed that he wouldn't wake up from now on. Minho felt his Papa shifting from his side, and chose to ignore him. He poked his Dada's cheeks, Jaemin muffled a groan. Her Dada's eyes were slightly open and his lips parted too, leaving a trail of dry drool from the corner of his lips down to his chin.

 Minho laughed loudly, startling his father from sleep. Minho drew his lips to the ears of his Dada and blew air. Jeno drowsily watched his child with a soft smile on his face. What kind of shenanigan was his child up to?

The child caressed his Dada's ears with a playful smile that lingered at the corner of his lips. He giggled at himself once more before sending a deafening cry into his father's ears. "Dada!" Jaemin immediately snapped out of his trance. Jaemin's eyes were a little blurry as he looked closely at his son's wrists. 

"Are you hurt Minho?" Worry was written all over his face. "No." He denied and shook his head. Minho had a neutral expression, which made it difficult for Jaemin to know if he is hurt or not. Minho's tiny hands extended to his face. "I'm not in pain, Dada. Minho is not hurt. " Minho cupped his Dada's face with his tiny hands and squeezed his cheeks. "Dada looks like bunnies." Jaemin pinched the bridge of his nose, eliciting a peal of high-pitched laughter from the 5-year-old. 

"Happy birthday Dada!" Minho clapped his hands with a broad smile.

Well, it was his birthday today. Minho played and snuggled closer to his Papa. "Happy Birthday Jaem." Jeno managed to say while peppering Minho's face with kisses. Jaemin whined petulantly. 

"My morning kiss?" Minho crawled towards his Dada's lap and decided to sit on them. 

"Morning kiss Dada? Are you eating Papa alive again?" Minho asked innocently, leaning his small body against the chest of his Dada. Jeno looked unamused, "Where did you get those words from?" Jeno asked, pinching Minho's cheeks. 

Jaemin was still pouting as he waited for his 'morning kiss.' 

"I've heard it from Uncle Hyuck!" Jeno heaved a sigh. Minho knows a lot of things he shouldn't know yet. Thanks to the help of his beloved uncle; Hyuck. "How about me? My kiss?" Jaemin eyes twinkles, jutting his lips into a pout. 

"Dada looks like a bunny!" Minho giggled.

"Close your eyes first." And Jaemin closed it. He leaned forward and brought his face closer to Jeno. Jaemin expects a pair of lips on his. But no pair of soft, full lips rested on his, but a flick on his forehead. 

"It hurts!" His eyes popped open. Jeno thought it was hilarious. Jaemin never fails to bring him waves of laughter. "Yah!" Jaemin plated Jeno on the mattress by making his way to get a morning kiss from Jeno. Jeno giggled and slapped Jaemin's side gently. Jaemin pulled for a kiss that Jeno willingly gave.