13

A year later. . .

Jaemin ruffled Jeno's fluffy hair, pressing his lips on his temple. Jeno stirred from his sleep, the blanket slipping off of his bare skin. Jaemin adjusted it, making sure that Jeno won't feel cold. He looks at him again before putting on his slippers. He went inside the bathroom to take a quick shower. Jaemin wore a pair of trousers and a simple white V-neck shirt. He was staring at his reflection in the mirror, he has dark circles and his face looks much slimmer than it ever was before. 

It must have been because he was in his senior year of college, two months before graduation. He sighed before stepping out of the bathroom. Jeno was still very much asleep on his bed. He doesn't have the heart to wake him up. Jeno deserves a rest after all. A playful smile appeared from his lips as the scenes from what had happened before played in his mind, cheeks dusted with red.

 He went downstairs, heading for the kitchen to make breakfast for the two of them. He made sure not to make unnecessary noises. He opened the large wooden pantry cupboard, looking for some spices that lie on the fourth shelf. Jaemin poured a good amount of oil on the pan. He put it over medium heat, which gave him enough time to crack eggs on the bowl, beating it quickly using a pair of chopsticks. 

He almost forgets to put salt on it. He poured the mixture into the pan, creating a sizzling sound. He walked over to the fridge, grabbed some vegetables and some meat, and set it on the counter. He was too busy cutting ingredients not to notice Jeno, sitting at one of the stool at the counter. "Morning." His voice sounds hoarse. Jaemin looked through his shoulder and saw none other than his dear husband. 

 Jeno blinks adorably, hugging their blankets closer to his chest. "Good Morning." Jaemin smiled softly. He reaches out to pinch the bridge of Jeno's nose and puts a kiss on the top of his head. Jaemin smiled softly, ignoring the burning smell that filled his nostrils. Jeno pointed his fingers at the stove.

 "Jaemin!" Jaemin scratched the back of his neck, heaving a sigh. He switched it off, discarding the burnt scrambled egg on the bin. He shook his head and began to make another one. Learning his lesson, he flipped it over when the other side was cooked and then placing it on a plate. Jaemin went back to the counter and continued chopping. "My legs are still shaking, what have you done to me?" Jeno questioned playfully, swinging his legs freely on the air. 

'What are you talking about Jeno hyung? You started IT. You shouldn't have to bother someone's sleep." Jaemin teased, raising a brow. Jeno's face heated up from embarrassment, turning his face sideward with a huff. "Shut up!" Jaemin erupted in laugher. Jeno glared in his direction, "You were the one who initiated it A LOT before!" 

"You love it though." Jaemin wits. "Arghh, I can't stand you!" "That's not what you said last night!" Jaemin teased, rilling Jeno up more. He enjoys this side of Jeno. This side where he could witness his significant other's being a brat. 

"I love you, Na Jeno." Jeno rolled his eyes at him.  

"I can't walk properly! Don't expect me to say-", Jaemin pouts his lips, eyes glimmering. Jeno sighed in defeat. 

"I love you too," Jeno whispered. Jaemin's smiled widely, pecking on his lips before proceeding to the stove to cook. -- Jaemin's heart swelled with joy as he noticed that Jeno was wearing his shirt.