016

Excited, ecstatic, nervous, proud? These are the emotions he is currently feeling. The seats lined up perfectly, each set with familiar faces dressed in a black dress, a cap with a tassel that swings back and forth. Jaemin has a smile on his face, eyes sparkling in pure bliss. He sat six rows away from the stage, with his friends.

Not long after, the party's referee was called to the podium to deliver his speech. Jaemin and his friends clapped as Mark approached the stage. Mark waved at their direction, and they waved back (a little extra) with exasperated and strange expressions from those sitting next to them. Jaemin slapped Yoojae's arm as they settled into their seats.

Mark stood near the podium with one elbow propped up. He cleared his throat, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. Like most graduation speeches, Mark began his speech with an inspirational quote. "I remember the time we were given a week to prepare for our output. I was in a group with Lucas and Yoojae. . ." Mark said. Now he was trying himself. Gain courage and confidence over time. Leaning on the podium with a relaxed posture, sporting a playful smile. Lucas and Yoojae both applauded from their seats. Jaemin knew this story all too well.

"[...] although there is only one day left, we managed to pass our papers on time. We are the first group to present, the other groups, even our friend Jaemin who hardly put any effort into his works, were one of those who begged Mr. Song for an extension of the deadline." He craned his neck, shyly waving at Mr. Song. "A week later, Mr. Song returned our outing. Guess? We have the highest score. " He exclaimed cheerfully upon hearing "wow!" and "ohs" from the crowd. He shook his head: 

"But it wasn't like that. We have the lowest score! " The crowd erupted into laughter after his exhibition. Yoojae and Lucas protested from their seat. Deny everything he just said.

"BUT there is always room for improvement. AND please never procrastinate, it won't do any good. Graduates, congratulations, we made it! " That ended his talk, which lasted about 15 minutes. The crowd cheered and cheered. 

They were told to line up and wait for their name to be called. Feeling a hint of fear as he waits for his name to be called. "Na Jaemin." His head shot up, with a broad smile, shuffling toward the stage. He let out a sigh of relief. He scanned the crowd searching for a particular face. Jaemin stopped on his trail, waving enthusiastically as he spotted his husband from the crowd. Jeno hid behind Mrs. Na.

 He whispered tons of excuses, with a smile still on his face. Shaking hands for a few minutes and then finally feeling elated when he received his diploma. He struggled to get back to his seat, while some of the students thronged the podium. "Dude, slap me. I think I am dreaming. " Lucas announced as Jaemin sat back down. Yoojae did it, so he does. Lucas still has a jovial expression on his face despite the tingly feeling on both cheeks. He stroked it both: "Man, this shit is real. I am not dreaming. "

Yoojae chuckled, taking the opportunity to take a picture. He thought he could use it in the future. Jaemin chortled, focusing his gaze on the stage again. "... congratulations to the graduates!" The students saw it as a sign to launch their caps upwards. A minute of pure happiness. 

Jaemin's eyes watered with joy. He looked for his cap, which - thankfully - didn't land that far from him. He picked it up. "Congratulations!" He exchanged congratulatory words to his friends, waving goodbye.