2. KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR

| CHAPTER TWO |

KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR.

IT WAS GOOD TO BE BACK.

Dumbledore's usual speech was a mixture of strange yet comforting and Ophelia would be lying if she said she didn't miss hearing the older wizard's strange jokes. Once the Sorting Hat was finished placing all the first years into their houses, the feast finally began. 

Normally, the feast would've been Ophelia's favourite thing in the world, however, this year things were different. James Potter was squished right besides the blonde haired girl, his entire right side touching her left arm and leg. On his other side sat Sirius, right next to Marlene. Lily, Alice and Mary sat on the other side of the table, looking amused at the annoyed look on Ophelia's face as she tried ignoring the boy besides her.

Peter and Remus were also sat with them, however at a much more respectable distance. Peter was besides Mary whilst Remus was on Ophelia's other side, conversing with the blonde Prefect so that she wouldn't stab James with her fork. 

"So, did you miss me?" James asked for the tenth time.

Ophelia gripped the fork tighter, her knuckles were almost turning white at this point. Remus was quick to notice and with a nervous chuckle he grabbed the girl's hand, unfolding her fingers from the fork and placing it down onto her plate.

"So...did you?" 

"You wish, Potter," Ophelia scoffed, keeping her head turned away from him so she couldn't see his grin, "How did you know, love?"

"You know, Lia..." Marlene suddenly spoke up, leaning forwards to look over the boys at her older friend, "Maybe next summer you should come to Spain with my parents and I. The boys there are--"

"Disgusting," James cut her off.

Marlene grinned mischievously, "No, I was actually going to say extremely, extremely attractive."

Ophelia frowned, "I'm pretty sure my parents would lock me up in a tower if they knew I found Muggles attractive."

Marlene nodded understandingly, remembering all the stories she had heard of the Avery family.  They certainly weren't the worst of the Pureblood families, but they definitely weren't one of the best either. Their judgement of blood status usually overlooked the person's actual personality and Ophelia feared that if she would've been put in Slytherin then maybe she would've picked up on her family's hatred for those who weren't 'pure enough' as her mother would usually put it. However, that's as far as it would go for them, purely judgement and no violent action; at least, that's what Ophelia hoped; it's not like her parents would ever admit to her personally that they hunt down Muggles or Muggleborns.

"Well, I would certainly be your knight in shining armour and rescue you," James stated, puffing his chest out proudly and hoping that his statement would clear the tension that slowly but surely began to rise at the mention of the Avery family.

Ophelia rolled her eyes before she looked at the boy besides her. His face was dangerously close to hers; almost as if he was waiting for a kiss from the blonde. Her crystal blue eyes seemed to get stuck on the boy for slightly too long for her liking. 

There was no denying that James Potter was attractive. With his incredible jawline; one that could give her a run for her money. His hazel eyes that always sparkled with mischief. Even whilst sitting down the messy-haired boy was still towering over the blonde beauty, his eyes looking downwards at her with a cocky smirk on his face, one that finally caused Ophelia to snap her eyes from him.

Whilst his eyes stayed firmly planted on the blonde girl. His eyes scanned every little detail of her. Her eyes were the bluest colour James had ever seen, always reminding him of crystals, especially when the light shone on them. Her blonde - almost white - hair was freshly cut to the length she always adored; reaching just under her jawline. Her skin looked like porcelain, contrasting with her bright eyes and her slightly pink cheeks incredibly well. She was abolsutely gorgeous in his eyes; a masterpiece of a human being and it was certainly no surprise James was so smitten with her.

Ophelia could practically feel all of the girls staring right at her, their eyes burning holes in her as her cheeks suddenly flushed, contrasting with her usually incredible pale complexion. Clearing her throat, the Gryffindor Prefect glanced down at her brand new watch her father had gifted her for her fifteenth birthday, "Looks like it's time to collect the first years," She commented, pushing her plate away from her before standing up. 

Ophelia dusted her skirt off and flattened her robes before she started walking off towards where the first years where seated at, glancing over her shoulder she noticed James' eyes were practically super-glued to her, however, he still remained firmly planted in his seat, "Potter, come on!"

"Coming!" James exclaimed as he jumped out of his seat, almost falling over his own feet in the process. As Ophelia turned back away, keeping her eyes forwards James began running after her like a lost puppy.

"How long do you recon it's going to take for her to realise how smitten he actually is for her?" Lily suddenly questioned, a small smile resting on her face as she watched James walking straight into the blonde when he didn't realise she came to a halt.

"I say six months," Marlene grinned.

"Nah, I say a year," Mary shook her head, her eyes were also glued to the two Prefects.

"Girls, girls," Sirius spoke up, holding his hands in the air, "Do you finally wanna get in on our bets?"