7. ICE CREAM IS MY ONLY SOULMATE

| CHAPTER SEVEN |

ICE CREAM IS MY ONLY SOULMATE.

"PARTY IN THE COMMON ROOM tonight, you're coming right?" James Potter questioned as he fell into step besides Ophelia. 

The Gryffindors had just finished their first game of the year, it was against Ravenclaw and the lions swept the floor with them from the very beginning. When Ophelia felt like the opposite team was tortured enough, she finally swept in and caught the Snitch like it was nothing, ending the game and winning yet another match.

"Of course I am," Ophelia stated, keeping her eyes forwards, not letting them fall onto the hazel eyed boy besides her even when she felt his eyes boring into the side of her face, "You should know by now I'm not one to pass up a free drink."

"Maybe we should go together," James suggested.

"Why on earth would we do that?"

"Because we're soulmates, Lia."

"Ice cream is my only soulmate, Potter," Ophelia stated, as they walked up the stone steps towards the side entrance of the school, almost tripping over the very last one. Before the blonde could even come anywhere near the ground, James' arms were already wrapped around her, keeping her upright and pressed up to his body.

"See," James breathed out, his hazel eyes looking directly into her blue eyes, "Soulmates."

Ophelia let out an annoyed groan, "It was purely a coincidence," She told him, when she suddenly realised that her hands were grasping his biceps tightly she was swift to push him away, dusting herself off of any invisible dust as her cheeks suddenly became hotter, "Thanks, though," She added before turning around and rushing off, leaving James standing there, a satisfied smile on his face as he watched her disappear into the school.  

-

OPHELIA LOOKED AT HERSELF IN the full-body mirror and felt a smile tugging at the corners of her lips. Ever since she was little, she would love to dress up and thanks to her parents' blood status, they would throw parties for their friends and family at every possible occasion, and when they weren't the ones throwing the party, they were invited to one. However, this was slightly different, this time it was Ophelia's choice of what she was going to wear, whereas usually her mother would lay her clothes and even shoes out, not giving the blonde a single say in the matter.

She had slightly curled her short blonde locks, leaving them fully down at a length she finally liked; her parents had always tried to keep their only daughter growing her hair as long as possible; saying it was more 'lady-like'. Ophelia, on the other hand, absolutely hated that. Whenever she could, she would cut it up, just so it would brush against her chin and neck. 

She kept her make-up to the minimal, only putting on some smokey eyeshadow and mascara to make her eye colour pop as well as a nude pink lipgloss covering her plump lips. She wore a simple - yet gorgeous - black dress that reached her mid-thighs, she wrapped a thin belt around her waist before slipping on some matching heels that caused. 

"You look amazing!" Lily said, as she exited the bathroom. Both Mary and Alice had already gone down, the latter of who was meeting up with Frank Longbottom and decided she didn't want to keep him waiting too long, "Potter is going to have a fit."

Ophelia rolled her eyes, "What did I say--"

"About the P word," Lily rolled her eyes, "Yeah, I know, but you gotta admit, the boy is absolutely smitten with you."

"No, he isn't," Ophelia said, turning away from the mirror, "He's just messing around. Now, you and Severus on the other hand," She smirked, before wiggling her perfectly shaped eyebrows at the redhead, "You're looking amazing and if Severus is down there, then he's going to have a fit."

Lily blushed furiously, waving her hand dismissively, "Stop it, no he isn't."

"Well, why don't we put that theory to the test then, eh?" Ophelia suggested, holding her arm out for Lily to take.

"Let's go for it, Avery."