5. I'M YOUR DIMWIT

| CHAPTER FIVE |

I'M YOUR DIMWIT.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT I see in the stars?" 

Ophelia rolled her eyes, "What?" She asked, her tone was bored as she looked over the constellations in her book.

"Us ending up together," James grinned.

The blonde let out a frustrated groan, "I don't think that's how stars work."

"Well how do they work then?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't bloody know but it's definitely not like that."

"Miss. Avery, Mr. Potter," Professor Sinistra called out, "Is there a problem?"

"Yes."

"No."

The pair said at the very same time.

The professor raised an eyebrow, looking between the pair, "Well could you repeat what I just said?"

Ophelia's blood ran cold as she glanced at James, his mouth was open wide as confusion painted his face, "Er...You said...something about stars?" The messy haired boy stated, however, the statement sounded more like a question. 

The blonde rolled her eyes, putting her fingers on her temples as she soothingly rubbed circles on them. 

"Could be a bit more specific, Mr. Potter?" Professor Sinistra asked, tilting her head as she looked at the boy with a pointed look. Everyone was now looking in the direction of the pair, amused laughs leaving their lips.

James suddenly puffed his chest out, "They're in the sky," He said confidently.

"You really are a dimwit, aren't you," Ophelia groaned.

James' hazel eyes fell upon the blonde beauty, a lovestruck smile on his face, "Yeah, but I'm your dimwit."

"No, you're not. You're just a dimwit."

"Your dimwit."

"Detention!" Professor Sinistra suddenly exclaimed, looking between the two pupils with an irritated look on her face. Both James and Ophelia stopped talking, it was strange seeing their Astronomy professor so worked up, the woman was usually one of the calmest teachers they had; well, apart from their Divination professor, "And ten points from Gryffindor," The dark skinned woman added, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Well done, dimwit," Ophelia said through clenched teeth. For the rest of their lesson, the blonde did everything she physically could not to argue with the boy, keeping her head down on her work as she tried to listen to whatever the professor was going on about and as soon as the lesson finished, the blonde grabbed her belongings and practically flew out of the room.

"You're not really helping yourself with making her fall for you, Prongs," Sirius commented as the Marauders walked out of the classroom together. Sirius, Peter and Remus had arrived late for class, happily surprised to see their best friend sitting besides his crush.

"Yeah, she looked like she was ready to stab you," Peter nodded.

James shook his head, "No, Wormtail," He clasped his hand around his shorter friend's shoulder, "That, my friend, was the look of love."