10. LISTEN TO THE SMART ONE

| CHAPTER TEN |

LISTEN TO THE SMART ONE.

"I WAS EXPECTING YOU TO go with James instead of us," Marlene snickered as the group of Gryffindor girls walked through Hogsmeade village together.

"Ha ha, you're very funny, Marlene," Ophelia rolled her eyes, shrugging off the comment, "And it's Potter."

"Well, there's a rumour going round that you called him by his first name," The blonde stated, causing Lily to elbow her as Ophelia stopped dead in her tracks.

"What?" Her eyes were wide as she looked between her friends. Marlene was smiling sheepishly, Lily was refusing to make eye contact whilst Mary and Alice pretended to be in a deep discussion about something, whispering to one another in hushed tones and pretending that they couldn't feel Ophelia's eyes on them.

"Yeah, so that means there's a wedding on the line, doesn't it?" Marlene giggled.

Ophelia sent her a glare, "Over my dead body."

"Do you think she'll like this?" James asked for the hundredth time, not only did he literally drag his best friends over to the jewellery shop at Hogsmeade village, but he thought it would be a great idea to keep them in there for well over thirty minutes as he looked at practically every piece of jewellery the shop had. He also couldn't help but talk about each piece for well over fifteen minutes, about the colour, the length, the design and how it would compliment Ophelia Avery's beauty even more.

"Prongs, her birthday is in like three months," Sirius groaned, "Let it go for now."

James looked at the black haired boy with a flabbergasted expression, "I hope you're joking. If I come back here in two and a half months, some of the jewellery will be gone and then what will I do?"

"Maybe they'll have something new in stock?" Remus suggested, looking tired as he kept his eyes focused on James, "Something that's more suited?"

Sirius nodded eagerly, gesturing to Remus, "Yes! Listen to the smart one in the group."

"I thought I was the smart one?" James muttered, pointing to himself.

"Clearly you're not," Sirius stated, waving his arms around wildly, "Otherwise we wouldn't be in this shop for almost an entire day."

James rolled his eyes before turning back around to look at the jewellery, "Don't be so dramatic, Padfoot, plus I think I've found the perfect one," He turned back around with an enormous grin spread across his face. It was one of the biggest smiles anyone had ever seen, it was even bigger than the smile he had for an entire week after Ophelia called him 'James'. 

"Prongs, put that engagement ring back!"