12. IT'S HOT IN HERE

| CHAPTER TWELVE |

IT'S HOT IN HERE.

"SO..." LILY SMIRKED AS SHE looked over at Ophelia (who was furiously scribbling down what Professor Slughorn was blabbing on about), "What were you doing with Potter last night?"

Ophelia scrunched her eyebrows in confusion before she looked up from her work, "What? I told you, we had Prefect duty."

The smirk didn't budge from the redhead's lips, "Oh, I know that. But Prefect duty isn't three hours long."

Ophelia cursed under her breath as Lily's eyes brightened. After the midnight patrol, the blonde had stayed down in the common room with James. Nothing happened between the two of them, they just talked. It was strange, the blonde always seemed to be annoyed by James Potter (who wouldn't be with his constant flirting), but when they were alone last night he seemed different. He was more laid-back and less flirty. It was probably the first ever time the pair had a proper conversation (one that didn't result in James trying to propose). 

"Ooo, did something happen?"

"No!" Ophelia hissed, she could feel her cheeks heating up when a few of their peers glanced at their table.

"Then why are you blushing so hard right now?" Lily pressed on, poking her friend's side.

Ophelia shrugged casually, "It's hot in here."

"Lia," Lily's voice was assertive.

"We just talked," The blonde finally revealed, "That's it. We weren't tired after our walk and just stayed in the common room talking."

"Hmm. Talked?"

"Talked."

"Isn't the back of her head as nice as the rest of her?"

Remus rolled his eyes. 

"Don't you think?" James nudged the werewolf.

"Sure," He grumbled, never letting his eyes fall from the chalkboard as he scribbled down the properties of Draught of Peace. That morning, James seemed to be even more awestruck with the blonde beauty (something the rest of the Marauders didn't think was even possible). 

"I think she actually likes me, Moony," James whispered, a wide grin spreading across his face.

Remus finally tore his eyes from the chalkboard, "What makes you say that?" He questioned, looking puzzled. What had happened during their Prefect duties last night?

"We stayed downstairs after our duties last night," James grinned, "She actually talked to me without being forced to."

"Wait. Are you serious?"

"As serious as Sirius."

"Holy crap."