15. ASTRONOMY TOWER

| CHAPTER FIFTEEN |

ASTRONOMY TOWER.

OPHELIA AND JAMES HAD BEEN wandering around the empty school corridors for the last fifteen minutes, before (whether it was by accident or not) they found themselves up at the Astronomy Tower.

Much to Ophelia's surprise, James had been nothing short of a gentlemen during their walk. He offered her his jacket when a gush of wind went past them. He hadn't tried to ask for her hand in marriage and he didn't even try to throw his arm around her shoulders. Instead, he kept a decent distance from her and spoke to her about everything apart from dating. It was quite refreshing for the blonde. She felt like she finally saw the real James Potter. The one he was when he wasn't around his friends. The one that she actually enjoyed spending time with. 

They stood side-by-side, overlooking the school grounds from the Astronomy Tower. The sun had set hours ago and the only thing visible in the sky was the crescent moon and shining stars. It was beautiful and extremely peaceful. 

Ophelia tried her best to keep her attention focused purely on the stars, but the feeling of James' arm brushing over hers (mixed with the Firewhiskey - which they snuck from the party - in her system) was the only thing she could focus on. She was more than thankful that it was already night time, because if James could see the light blush that covered her cheeks there was no way he would ever let that pass.

"You know..." Her soft voice grabbed James' attention immediately, "You're not so bad when you're like this," Ophelia turned her head slightly to look at the hazel eyed boy.

His face lit up and he couldn't wipe the smile off, "Really?" He asked excitedly. 

Ophelia pointed a finger at him, "Don't let it get to your head."

"Anything for you," James muttered, his eyes practically super glued to the blonde beauty besides him. Whenever she was near, he just couldn't help himself and watch her. She was so intriguing to him (not to mention, easy on the eyes). She was almost always smiling, yet, it never seemed genuine; it never fully reached her eyes and it seemed that he was the only one to notice that. He was the only one to notice the slightest changes in her moods and demeanour whenever family live was brought into the conversation. It was never too obvious (Ophelia had learnt to hide her emotions pretty well) but James could tell. He could always tell.

"You there?" Ophelia giggled, waving her hand in front of his face to snap him back into the land of the living.

James nodded frantically, "Yeah, yeah, of course," He told her, "Are you alright?"

The question caught Ophelia off guard, "What? Of course I am."

James bit his lip, "I hope you know that you can tell me anything," He told her, his voice full of sincerity, his eyes watching her carefully.

She looked at him, his eyes bored into hers and much to her surprise, they were full of concern, "Thank you, James, I really mean that," Ophelia told him sincerely, placing her hand on his bicep, "Maybe one day, I just want to enjoy the peacefulness right now."

James nodded understandingly, he tried his best not to focus on the fact that her touch caused goosebumps to run up and down his arm and instead, he just kept his focus on her. And only her,  "I understand."

Ophelia sent him a genuine smile, "Thank you," She said, her voice quiet. She had no idea what came over her. Maybe it was the Firewhiskey or maybe it was how James was acting, but she found herself inching closer and after several moments, she leaned her head onto his arm. She could feel him watching her, but she kept her eyes focused purely on the night sky, a shit-eating grin on both of their faces.

AN- By the way, commenting 'update' doesn't make anyone want to update. I try updating as often as I can but I also have a life outside of this app so please respect that, thank you.