Chapter 10

~Time skip to after school~

"Hey, Midoryia!" 'Shinso? What is this about?' "Oh, hello! What do you need?" "I was wondering if I could come over and hang out for a bit. So we could study together maybe?" "Oh, yea.. Uhm, here's the thing, I have to do my homework, also study, and take care of my sister. I also need to help her study so she understands everything at school." "I could help." "I guess, yea. Okay. I need to go pick her up. Also, it's not a nice house.. Uhm, it's kinda weird to explain. I guess I'll explain it on the way." 'I know what he's doing. I know he's trying to gang my trust. I hate motherfuckers like this. That's why I only trust Eri. No one else.' "So, I live in an abandon apartment. It's not that bad though. The water and fridge works because of a generator and solar pannales." "Wait, what about your parents?" "Well, they just kinda kicked me out. They thought I was quirkless, so.. Yea." "Why did they think you were quirkless?" "Because the doctor said it to my mother. My father was the one who threw me out. I could tell my mother didn't want to, so I went along with it. I want so see her again. Not my father. I hate him"

"Whoa, that's a strong word.. But I guess it does kinda fit.." "We're here." I see Eri and run up to her and pick her up and spin her around. She giggles. Then she points at Shinso. "Oh, he's a friend." "Why not your boyfriend? I know you're gay anyways." "ERI! That's not a thing to say freely out in public-" "Why not?" "It offends other people. Like, religious people. I honestly don't understand why they can't leave us alone. But still. Not cool. Now, Shinso is also going to help me out for a little while. Okay?" "Mhm! I want to know him too!"

At the house

"Whoa, it kinda looks nice. Especially because you told me it was abandoned." "I did most of the renovating. I kinda made my own paint, I also found a little pond that was near by before I found out the faucets worked." "Wow. You did most of it yourself? In how much time?" "I guess about a day or so. When Eri went to bed the first day we got here I kinda renovated it while she was sleeping. That's how I found the generator and water system still worked." "That's cool.. So, what do you need help with?" "I guess Eri needs help with her math. I can cook dinner, then I usually clean up. I train, then study. Then I sleep for about 22 minutes and get up and go to work so we can have food." "Oh, that seems like you really overwork yourself. How many days have you done this for?" "I think about 5 months? I don't really remember." "How much sleep do you get?" "I guess about 23 minutes or so. The time I have to sleep is when I'm done studying and training." "Excuse me, but how are you still standing?" "Honestly, besides Eri I don't know. Before Eri came I usually only got about an hour of sleep. So, I guess my body's used to it."

"Okay, I'm going to go help Eri.. You start dinner. Okay?" "Are you going to eat?" "No, I'll be fine." "Shinso, I'm not dumb. You aren't going to eat tonight, so you're going to eat here with us." "Uhmmm.. Okay." So he starts to ask Eri what she's doing. She starts to explain it. Shinso helps her while I'm cooking rice and chicken. Me and Eri's favorite. "Guys! The food is done! Come sit down at the kitchen table ad start eating!" I go and grab my books, and then I sit down with them. "So, Eri, how was school?" I start saying while reading the first paragraph. "It was the same, mostly. A girl came around the corner and pushed my friend." "Which friend was it?" "It was Millie." "Oh, did she say sorry?" "Nope." "Did you help Millie?" "Yea.""What did you do?" "I pushed her right back." "Eri. That's not what a hero would do." "It's what you would do." "But you're not me. Be more you, before you loose yourself." "Whoa, Midoryia, that was deep." "I kinda had to learn myself. So, I guess I'm trying to help Eri understand that if she wants to be treated equal in this world she needs to learn that it's not all rainbows. Like how you need to fight for love. How you need to change, and how you need to trust people so they can trust you." "Dad, can you sing that song again!?" "Eri, what did I say? No calling me dad when people are around. Remember?" "But why! You basically are my dad! And so will Shinso!" "Eri! That's enough!" I say slamming my book. She flinches. "I-I'm so sorry Eri, I didn't mean to scare you! You know I would never hurt you like he did. I love you, and he doesn't." I open my arms and stand up. She runs into me like she did when I saved her from Overhaul. "It's okay, let it all out." "Wait, Midoryia, what's wrong with her?.." "Oh, uhm, so our 'dad' used to take her blood... Because her quirk can rewind people and living things. Like plants. So, he used her so he can take away quirks, forever." "Wait, what!? That is so messed up!" "I didn't want her to go into the system, it sucks. So, I took her in." I look at the clock. "Shit. I'm behind schedule!"

Words Including This 963 words~!