CHAPTER FIFTEEN

We had eventually landed and set up camp, we were still at our little camp in the woods, we didn't always have to be fighting Fire Nation guards and I loved these days where we could relax.
I was taking off the soaked and uncomfortable bandage. I tried to move my wrist but it still hurt, it's only been two weeks but I really hoped it would have been healed by now. I wrapped it back up with a fresh bandage and splint. I looked at it and realized it wasn't really so bad, I could still waterbend fine with my free hand and even with my broke one. It was actually somewhat thrilling to know I was strong enough to push through it.

"Where's Momo?" Aang asked. We looked around and heard a shriek.

We all ran into the woods looking for the animal. We found Momo locked up in a ball shaped cage that hung from the trees and Aang helped him down while we helped him out. Then he agreed to help the monkey hogs who found themselves in the same situation Momo was in. But it took some time for Aang to get up there and Sokka was getting impatient, deciding to just cut them down which cause the cages to break open when they hit the ground and the animals ran away.

"Really Momo?" I asked as he ate the fruit from the trap, he jumped on my shoulder and offered me one. "Thanks buddy, but there are smarter ways to steal fruit."

"These are Fire Nation traps." Sokka explained. "You can tell by the metal work. We better pack up camp and get moving."

We went back to the camp and packed everything up as Sokka suggested.

"Uh uh." Sokka walked over before we all got onto Appa. "No flying this time."

"What? Why wouldn't we fly?" Aang asked.

"Think about it, somehow Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keeps finding us, it's because they spot Appa, he's just too noticable."

"What?" Katara asked. "Appa, is not too noticeable."

"He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head!" Sokka argued. "It's kinda hard to miss him!"

"It's okay Appa," I said petting his nose. "Sokka's just jealous that he doesn't have an arrow."

"I know you all want to fly but my instincts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk." Sokka said.

"Who made you the boss?" Katara asked.

The two argued about how Sokka shouldn't be the boss because his voice still cracks too much and that the boss should be Aang because he was the Avatar but Aang was just a goofy kid and I completely agree with Sokka on that one, but I also don't think that Sokka should be in charge. I didn't think we needed anyone to be a boss since we had done so well without one. *sarcasm*

"I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl." Katara said and I chuckled. "Like Kaida, kissing Haru." I stopped and blushed. "I mean at least she smiles more!"

"What did I do to you?" I asked crossing my arms at her. "Is someone jealous?" She rolled her eyes.

   "Jealous? Of you?" She scoffed.

   "Katara, I'm kidding." I said and then we both looked at Sokka.

"I've kissed a girl you just haven't met her." Sokka replied and I walked over.

"Who? Gran-Gran?" I asked smirking and placing my hands on my hips. "We've met Gran-Gran."

"No! Besides Gran-Gran." Sokka replied. "Look, my instincts tell me, we have a better chance of slipping through on foot and a leader trusts his insticts."