Chapter 5

Matthew's POV:

"NO CHARLOTTE! DONT GO! I LOVE YOU! STOP! DONT LEAVE! CHARLOTTE!!!!!"
I wake up and jolt up from my bed. My head is pounding, my body is soaked in sweat and I can bearly catch my breath. Oh thank god it was just a night mare! I look at my phone, which reads 3:45. "Great I still have more time to sleep" I say to myself. I lay my sweaty head back down on my pillow, and slowly close my eyes and fall back asleep.
I am awoken by the sound of my alarm sounding at 8:00. I slam my hand down on the snooze button and I role back over in my bed. Only to be awoken again 10 minutes later. I turn off the alarm and slowly arise out of bed.
I grab my phone and look at my messages. I've received no new messages since last night from Charlotte. Our date at the fair went so well. I just can't seem to remember the ending though. "Probably cause it was amazing!" I say to myself. But that awful dream last night ruined it. I had this terrible dream that she was taken by a tornado into the ground. "How stupid is that!" I toss my phone onto my bed and head into my bathroom to take a shower.
Once I'm done in the shower I head back to my room to change. I put on my favorite pair of jeans and my work uniform shirt. I comb through my hair and grab my glasses. I grab my phone from my bed and see still no new messages from Charlotte. I look at the clock 9:57. That's weird! She should be up my now. Should I text her? No! I want her to be the first to text. I walk out my room, down the stairs and into my kitchen.
I grab a box of cereal from the pantry, a bowl and spoon and the milk from the fridge and sit in the living room. I turn on the tv and watch the science channel. Once I'm finished with my cereal, I grab an orange and start to peel it. I check my phone again, 10:37. Again no new messages from Charlotte. I set my phone down and start to eat my orange.
"Matthew!"
I'm scared and drop my orange on the ground. "Kendall! Holy shit! You scared me!" I say as I get up to pick up my orange.
"I'm sorry! I'm just surprised you're here!" She says and walks into the kitchen.
"What the hell do you mean? Yes I'm here. I live here! I don't have to go to the pizzeria till 11:30."
"No I meant, after what happened yesterday, I'm surprised your here. Why are you going to the pizzeria? Why don't you go look for her!"
"Kendall? What the fuck are you talking about!" Nothing happened yesterday? Look for who? What the hell?" I am so confused and I don't understand what Kendall is talking about. I run over to the kitchen to be next to her.
"Matthew? Yesterday during your date. Charlotte was taken."
"No that was my dream. She's fine." I say confused on how she knew about my dream.
"No Matthew. That happened in real life. She was taken by that stupid blue tornado. It wasn't your dream. Mom and dad, plus her parents and the whole community have been looking all night for her. But so far, there's been no success. I thought you would be out looking for her too!"
I grab onto the table as I experience the feeling of passing out. My whole world has just been turned upside down. My dream is real! Charlotte is gone. The girl I've loved all my life is gone. She's missing. "No! She can't be gone. I-. I thought it was a dream. I need to find her! I grab my keys and run out the door.
I get into my car as fast as I can. I start the car and zoom down the road. I can hardly think as I'm driving. The only thing I can process, is the last thing I said to Charlotte.
"I love you Charlotte. And I mean that! I will find you. I promise."

Hello everyone! So last chapter I said this was going to change the whole start. Well it kinda did! I change it a little bit cause I thought it would be cool if I showed the point of view of Matthew too! Let me know what you thought about being able to see Matthew's point of view. Tell me in the comments wether you want another chapter about Matthew or Charlotte. Thank you so much for reading! Enjoy! :)