Chapter Twenty Nine

Hogsmeade 

"Elizabeth, you aren't seriously thinking of committing to this, are you?" Sirius asked as the Marauders and Elizabeth left the castle. She shrugged. 

"Why not? You guys sneak off to Hogsmeade when you're not supposed to. It's basically the same." 

"Yeah, but that's us, and this is you. It's really out of character for you." Remus pointed out. 

"Or you don't know me that well." Elizabeth countered. Remus shrugged. 

"I guess. Have fun if you do go. We'll meet back up with you guys this afternoon."

"Where are you guys going?" James asked. Peter smirked. 

"We're going to the Three Broomsticks first, but Sirius will sneak off sometime during that to hang out with Marlene McKinnon." He said. Sirius rolled his eyes.

"I didn't realize we were in the third year. Since when do we tease each other about girls?" 

"Since when did you start abandoning us for girls?" Remus countered. 

"Let's not forget James." Elizabeth pointed out. James elbowed her. 

"You know what? We can definitely talk about this later. On our way back up to the castle, perhaps?" He suggested. Peter and Remus shrugged. 

"Works for me." Sirius said. 

"Perfect. We'll see you guys later. Three o'clock, right?" 

Remus gave them a thumbs up. 

"Go have fun breaking the most important rule at Hogwarts." 

Elizabeth rolled her eyes and waved to them before she and James headed down the cobbled road. 

"So, where are we going?" James asked. Elizabeth smiled mischievously. 

"You'll see. Grab my arm." 

James sighed dramatically and grabbed her arm. Elizabeth spun around, thinking of the location she wanted to go to. 

When they landed, James looked around. 

"Where is this?" 

"Paris." Elizabeth said as she started walking down the street. James caught up to her quickly. 

"And why are we in Paris?" 

"Because I like Paris. And they're playing Jaws in one of the movie theaters we're close to. I had Caroline check for me a couple days ago to make sure. I figure, if you're going to break the number one school rule, you might as well go big. Isn't this fun?" She asked, looking around at the charming street they were on. James nodded. 

"I do have one question. Why was the first place you thought of in Paris? It's not like you've spent a lot of time in France." 

"That's where you're wrong, Monsieur. We come to Paris every summer. I've spent a good amount of my childhood in France." 

"How has this never come up before?" James asked. Elizabeth chucked. 

"Isn't that the whole point of dating? To get to know each other?" 

"Yeah, but I feel like we're pretty far into our relationship for me to just be finding out that you've lived in France." 

Elizabeth shrugged. 

"Oh, look! There it is." She crossed the street and led James into a theater. She walked up to the ticket booth and handed the man a few euros. 

"Deux billets pour Le Dents a la Mer, s'il vous plaît." 

The man nodded and handed her two tickets, pointing to a door and speaking rapid French. Elizabeth nodded and handed James his ticket, thanking the man. As they walked away, James turned to her. 

"How come you've never mentioned any of this? I mean, you speak French. That seems like a pretty interesting thing to bring up." 

"I don't like to brag. And all of your tiny fangirls might make up some conspiracy about how I'm a spy, and then my cover would be blown." She shrugged. "Oh, and don't worry, the movie's in English. This movie theater is mainly for tourists, so most of the movies are in English." 

"Oh, cool." James said, obviously shocked at Elizabeth's casual attitude. She opened the door and gestured into the room

"You first, Monsieur.

~~~~~~~~~

"You two are late." Remus said, checking his watch. Elizabeth raised her eyebrows.

"I didn't realize we had a curfew. We were just wandering around for a while. I always like walking in Paris." 

"Paris?" Sirius asked, looking up. "When have you gone to Paris before?" 

"That's what I said!" James said. 

"I go every summer with my family." 

"And she knows French." James cut in. Elizabeth rolled her eyes. 

"And that." 

"Do your siblings know French too?" Remus asked curiously. Elizabeth nodded. 

"All of us except for Edmond, which is why we don't use it super often. It's a bit rude to exclude him like that." 

"Why doesn't he just learn it?" 

"He learned German and Italian, while everybody else learned French and one other language. I learned Russian, but it's been a bit since I've spoken it."

"Well, you're just full of surprises." Sirius commented. 

"I know. How was your date with Marlene?" 

"It was fine. And it wasn't a date." 

"Oh, excuse me. How was your snogging session with Marlene because neither of you are willing to own up to your feelings?" 

"It was fine." 

"He's just upset because he didn't think to take a girl to Paris in the seven years he went to Hogwarts." Peter said. 

"I mean, you can still take Marlene when you two get it together." Elizabeth suggested. Sirius made a mocking face. 

"Great advice." 

"So, shall we head up to the castle?" James asked quickly. Everyone nodded and started walking up the path. 

"So, what did you and Remus do?" Elizabeth asked Peter. He smiled. 

"We stalked Sirius's date until they started snogging. Then we got butterbeer again and went window shopping." 

"You followed me?" Sirius asked indignantly. 

"Not really, we just made sure we ended up at the same places that you did at the same times." Remus said innocently. Sirius rolled his eyes. 

"Ugh, I hope the feast is ready when we get back. I'm starved." Peter said.

"We had lunch less than an hour ago." Remus pointed out.

"Well I'm still hungry."