Chapter Thirty Five

Dinner

Moving in to James's apartment proved a harder task than Elizabeth had anticipated. First, she had to convince her parents that it was a worthwhile decision and it would be okay because she and James would in fact be in different rooms. Then, she had to convince Edmond that despite the reasoning behind his request all those months ago, it was okay for them to be in close quarters with each other. 

The latter proved to be the difficult task. 

"Edmond, you said it yourself! I can make my own choices now! And I'm not completely irresponsible. Nothing would happen." 

"I know, I'm just a little hesitant to let you move in with your boyfriend." 

"Mum and Dad already agreed. And you and Lily practically live together." Elizabeth pointed out. Edmond sighed. 

"You're going to do it whether or not I want you to, aren't you?" He asked. Elizabeth shrugged. 

"I mean, our parents already agree, I'm only asking you to be nice." 

"Well I'm fine with it I guess. I trust you two to make good decisions." 

"Thank you." 

"Don't mention it. Also, have you heard about Anne and Regulus? They've been on five dates now, and Sirius said he thinks they'll end up dating seriously by the end of the year." 

"Well, they're going to school in a different country together, so I don't doubt it. They'll want to hang out with people they know, and that'll be each other." 

"Poor Henry. He and Isabel broke up, did you hear? It was mutual, they both just decided that they had lost the connection they had or something. Henry doesn't seem too broken up about it. He went on a date with some muggle girl last week." 

"He always lands on his feet. I'm sure he'll find some girl at their new school and they'll do just fine." 

Edmond nodded. 

 "Congrats on your promotion, by the way. You're moving up quickly in the ministry." 

"Well, at least I'm still working with Sally. This time it's side by side instead of me fetching her tea." 

"You're going to do great things, Elizabeth. I believe in you." 

"Thanks, Ed." 

~~~~~~~~~

"Elizabeth?" James asked. 

"Hm?" She responded, lazily running a hand through his hair. 

"If I were to propose, what would you say?" 

Elizabeth considered the question as she continued to play with James's hair. They had talked about getting married and starting a family before, when they were still in school the topic had come up a few times, and it had only been discussed more since their graduation. 

"I guess I'd just have to say yes, wouldn't I?" She teased. "You're the best option I have."

"How very romantic of you." James commented, though she felt him relax against her. 

"I try." She said. A tapping on the window interrupted their conversation, and Elizabeth got up to see what the source of the noise was. An owl was sitting on the windowsill, waiting for her to allow entrance. She opened the window and let the bird inside, grabbing the letter from its leg. Seeing that it was addressed to her, she opened it. 

Elizabeth, 

Regulus, Edmond, and Anne have all been enrolled at Beaxbatons school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. As long as we make it a week without the Blacks interfering, Regulus will be of age and everything will be fine.