Chapter 18

I AM STARING ON THE playground watching kids crying from a little fall, I release a deep sigh and a chocolate ice cream appear in front of me. I look at the owner of the hand and I saw a smile appear in his pretty face, I'd rather not see it. Hindi ako sanay, I have a soft spot to guys who don't smile often.

"Are you gonna accept it, or should I buy another ice cream?" what? Nabalik ang tingin ko sa ice cream at kinuha iyon.

"Thank you" was I staring at him that long? I started eating the ice cream and he sat beside me, I don't like chocolate ice cream but for the first time it taste different. For a few seconds nobody talk and we just stared at the children laughing and playing around. It looks peaceful, but awkward between us. I tried to shrug it but I subconsciously look at him, then I notice that he looks...Sad tumingin siya saakin, then his expression changed.

"What sad?" he ask, did I said it out loud? I look away and smile awkwardly.

"Ahm-" I hesitated and look back at him and saw his expression, he has a smile but his eyes says the opposite.

"You" amin ko sa kanya, kumunot ang noo niya.

"Me? How so? Is it weird that I don't tease you?" what?

"No, well it is weird but you look somehow sad which also makes me wonder why you look sad and didn't notice that I said the word sad and now we're talking about you being sad..." tsk, why do I have a blabber mouth. I slowly look at him and he has a gentle expression on his face.

"Do you want to play in the playground?" his expression suddenly changes and now he looks piss, I look at  my ice cream and just eat it. Should I take back what did I just said?

"I'm obviously not sad because of the children playing in the playground" I tilted my head.

"Then are you said cause you never had a chance to play in the playground?" and for the second time he frown and his jaw moved, oops.

"No, I was looking at the other side" huh? I look at the benches in front of us, parents.

"Wait, you don't have any parents?" the moment I ask that I got a smack on the back, ouch! I glare at him.

"You really have a wild imagination, and for the last time no. I do have parents, obviously" he said in an irritated voice, "I'm just not close to them" a lot of questions suddenly popped out inside my head, like why are they not close? Are they working outside the country is that why they are not close to one another? Is that why he lives alone in that big house? Trish told me that he lives usually alone and he has a driver and someone who cooks for him but he just usually order in a fast food.

"You're probably asking why" to sum it up yes.

"Are they working abroad?" I ask, he shrug.

"Abroad? Nope, you see they are busy person. Young entrepreneurs so, I usually hang out with my cousins when I was young I stayed in my aunts mansion. Like I didn't even knew that we were rich until I turned 10" yeah.... I suddenly felt anger or a little bit of airhead around. You are indeed flamboyant, that explains why he had a car at such a young age. Tsk, rich kids.

"So people around me called me arrogant a lot of time" I look at him and he had this strange look, "so I stop being so friendly and I met Rael for the first time and everything changed" Rael's name got involve that made me more curious, so they used to be friends so how they ended up being enemies? God, these boys.

"So you used to be friends, how come you two become ahh...rivals -?" I paused and waited for his answer when he didn't answer I look at him and saw an amusing expression. He doesn't look angry, but he looks more like sad.