Chapter Fourteen-Rise like a phoenix

Chapter fourteen-Rise like a Phoenix

"Happy birthday!!", it was exactly midnight and Jessica was turning 18 at the exact moment with the two most important people of her life; Rebecca and Peter. They were in the kitchen and they were all enjoying the moment and just being here for Jessica. Other the past four years, few things that looked to huge things to Jessica has changed. Peter now came here regularly but late at night without Rosa knowing about it. He had become Jessica's closest friend and they told everything to each other. Over the years they had both developed feelings for each other but they were to scared of getting rejected . They knew they loved each other but they didn't know if they were ready to be together or how would it change their friendship. Rosa still was the most successful business woman in town but the media was starting to talk about 'that girl who gets out and in Rosa's mansion' everyday who was Jessica. They even saw Rosa's driver bringing Jessica to school so they all becoming suspicious of Rosa who was obviously hiding something. Her relationship with Jessica barely changed and they never spoke to each other. Joe never gave any signs of being alive during these years. He just disappeared like that but Jessica wasn't surprised at all. She was used to being abandoned by her family. Her only family member was Rebecca. Talking about her, the latter was still working for Rosa and nothing really changed about her except for the fact that Jessica and her developed a really strong bond. She really considered Jessica as her daughter; the daughter she never had and she was ready to protect her at all costs.

Jessica grew into a beautiful young woman inside and outside. As everyone has seen it, life hasn't always been fair to her and it still isn't. But over the years, she got used to it. She got used to being unhappy. But she didn't want to make others see it. She wanted to be present and helpful to everyone. She never wanted to disappoint anyone. She always wanted to be the caring, loving and happy spirit that everyone knew even when she wasn't feeling good in reality. What kept her going was the love she received from Rebecca and Peter. They were the pillars that kept her strong and the signs that good people still existed on earth. She couldn't imagine her life without them. She couldn't even imagine having at life without these two. At school, she was the best student of her class even with her extremely busy schedule. She wanted to be the best to be able to get out of this destructive environment and she was going to be it. At work, she became really close to Elise. She was became like a sister to her. Obviously no one was going to be able to replace Sam to her. Speaking about her, not a day passed by where she didn't miss her mother and her sister. She still blamed the universe for giving her such a life and she still felt like she needed them. She just learnt to live with this feeling. She didn't have a choice anyway. She had to be strong to be able to get out of the miserable life she actually lives everyday but also to try to love life. She had not ever be treated fairly by life but she wanted to change that. She wanted to have a most positive view of life. She was ready to give it a try. A try to new beginnings. But before that, she had to finish the school year and get enough education ad enough money from work to go back to her country.

Jessica woke up at 5 as always and did all her chores by 8 on that usual Monday morning. She was now used to her daily routine and got used to all of her chores. Over the years, she was able to find a balance between the house chores, school and work. It was exactly 07:37 in the morning when she was heading out to call Julio to take her to school. While opening the door, she saw a piece of paper at the bottom of the door. She took it and she was horrified by what was written. "Rosa, we are coming for you and your grand-daughter. You will regret helping your son. -Your biggest nightmare." It seemed like it was written in blood and Jessica was damn confused and scared. What she didn't know is that this was beginning of an horrifying new adventure where a life was going to get lost.

To be continued. 

Note from the author:

Hello everyone, I want to say how sorry I am for my recent irregularity here. I know that I used to post more and on a weekly basis but I'm extremely busy with school work recently but I promise to get better. I will try to upload something at least once per week.Thank you for all the support and for reading my stories.Take care.