Chapter 16- The truth comes out from the mouth of strangers

Chapter 16

Jessica slowly opened her eyes and started to wonder where she was. Her hands and her feet were tied and she was lying on a very small bed. It smelled horrible and her mouth was covered too so she couldn't speak. She started to look around and she saw her grandmother in the same condition as her but lying on the ground. She was shocked by the view of her grandmother who was unconscious. She tried to make some noises to see if her grandmother was going to wake up but nothing happened. She started to worry and started to think whether she was dead or not. She immediately felt consumed by guilt thinking of the last words that she told her and she was thinking that she may never see her again. Even though Rosa was coldhearted over the years, her grand-daughter loved her. 

Suddenly, a man entered the room. He was tall, had a very strong body and looked like he was in his forties. He looked at Jessica with a deathly stare and he said , "let's start the interrogation." He had a knife into his right hand and Jessica started to fear for her life. The man came and removed the tissue that was covering Jessica's mouth and she wanted to scream but she couldn't because she was dying of fear. She just lied there, her mouth wide open and stared at the mysterious man. The man went closer to her and started to ask her questions with the knife in his hand. "What do you know about Joe Johnson?" Jessica said, "h-he i-is my dad." She was absolutely terrified. "Where is the drugs?" he asked. "What drugs?" Jessica asked. She didn't know that her dad was involved in drug dealing situations. The man started to get furious and he screamed while asking where the drugs were again. Jessica was terrified and she told him, "please don't kill me. I didn't even know that my dad was into drugs." The man started to scream and gave Jessica a scarce on her left arm. She screamed due to the pain really loudly and another kidnapper ran into her room due to the noise. "Mick stop!" shouted the other kidnapper. David, the other kidnapper ran in front of Mick and took the knife from him. "Man stop acting like that! They are the key to bring Joe back there and we can't hurt them yet". Mick gave a deathly stare at Jessica and got out of the room after it. David looked at Jessica and asked, "are you okay?". Jessica just nodded and David just smiled at her. Compared to Mick, David seemed calm so Jessica thought that she could ask him something. "D-do you mi-mind if I ask you what do you want from my dad?" David stared at her for some seconds and understood that she really didn't know anything.

"10 years ago, Joe came to us and asked for some illegal work. He seemed new to this business and he was really desperate. He was extremely stressed and needed some work. So, we decided to give him some drug trafficking work which could gave him some money. However, after some months we gave him one big mission: deliver a lot of drugs to a huge mafia clan and this was supposed to bring us loads of money; money you and I could never fathom of having because your daddy dearest ran away and took three million dollars. We went after him but we never saw him. He ran away and never came back. We kept searching for him for years to claim what was rightfully ours but we never got to him. We were ready to give up until four years ago. One of our sources of information saw him here and we knew that that's when we needed to attack. We knew he was here and better yet we knew his daughter lived here now. We made our little research and studied your grandmother and you. We planned this kidnapping really well and we know that your dad will come due to your grandmother right here. I'm pretty sure you don't even know how she is related to all of this but I'm going to tell you as the truth comes out from the mouth of strangers. We have studied everything about her and guess what, she has been sending huge amounts of money to a certain Joe Johnson  in France. We knew that in one way or another he would have known if we got to France so we thought why not bring him to us? We got his address and he got a little message from us about his dear mother and his little daughter. Let's see if he will act like a coward again and abandon his own blood." David then got out of the room before staring at Jessica one more time.

Jessica was horrified after she heard that story. All of these years she had been lied to and left on her own because of the actions of her father. She couldn't believe anything that David said but she knew that somehow he was telling the truth. However, what was going to happen next was going to change the whole story.