Chapter 15-The Kidnapping

Chapter fifteen-The Kidnapping

"Where did you get this?" Rosa looked anxious and scared. It was the first time that Jessica saw this strong and powerful woman seemed like she had nothing in control. "I was going to school when I stepped out and found this". Rosa couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Th-they were here?" said Rosa while she was trembling. Jessica couldn't understand anything. "Who are 'they'?" By the look of her grandmother's face, she could figure out that the people who sent that were definitely dangerous. But Jessica needed answers. She was confused by everything. What 'help' did her grandmother give to her father? Why were these people after them? "Listen Jessica. For your own safety, I can't tell you the truth". Jessica was furious by hearing this and she replied. "Unbelievable. You are such a ruthless and greedy old and pathetic woman. First of all, you ruined my whole adolescence and treated me like an object during all these years. You treated me like I was nothing to you and you didn't care about me ever in your life. You never even tried to be here for me after my family died. And the one time you can try to make things right, you still lie to me and keep hiding things from me." "Watch it young lady! Remember who you are talking to!". Jessica quickly replied and said "Yes my boss. Nothing else. You were never a grandmother to me and I will never show any love to you. You showed me that you are exactly the type of person that I will never want to be. That is why, I am leaving the manor and I am ever coming back." Jessica turned away and went to her room. Rosa just sat down and said ,"forgive Jessica. I only protected you" while tears were rolling down her face.

Jessica was furious. She was tired of always being the last one knowing everything. She was tired of people just hiding things from her. She was tired of being treated like a child. That was it for Jessica; that was the last thing that she could handle: the last lie. She couldn't bare with all the lies and the manipulation anymore. For her own sake, she had to go away.

She went to Martha and immediately told her that she was leaving the manor for good. "What? How are you going to live?" said Martha who was extremely shocked and scared for her little Jessica. "I've got enough money from the clothing store to go back to my country. From there, I will do what I can even if it involves sleeping on the streets". Martha wanted to stop her but she knew that Jessica was making the right choice. She asked Jessica to wait for her in the kitchen and she went into her room. She came back with a bag into her hands and she said 'take this. It's 5000 dollars. It's part of my savings and I want you to take it and do what you can do with it. I will miss you and if ever you need help do not forget that I'm here to help." Jessica hugged her and said "thank you for everything Martha. You have been my second mom and I will always be grateful for having you into my life". They hugged each other and cried for a moment and then Jessica went upstairs to pack up her things.

She was looking around and she was thinking of all the memories she had here. Even though, these years have been emotionally tiring on her, she also had some good moments here that she will always cherish. Suddenly, while she was walking around, she heard gunshots and the maids screaming. She ran to see what was happening and as she left her room, she saw her grandmother being kidnapped by two men. She was going to run and help her but then something hit her in the back and she fainted. What was going to happen next will change her life forever.