Prologue

Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in this town. At 1st sight, it looks like so many other small town all over the world : safe, decent, innocent. Get closer, though, and you will start to perceive the shadows underneath.

The name of our town is Riverdale.

I guess our story begins with what the Blossom twins did that summer. On July, the 4th, just after dawn, Jason and Cheryl Blossom drove out to Sweetwater River for an early morning boat ride.

The next thing we know happened for sure, is that Dilton Doiley, who was leading Riverdale's Scout Troop on a bird-watching expedition, found Cheryl, upon the river's edge. Riverdale's police dragged Sweetwater River looking for Jason's body, but never found it. So a week later, the Blossom family buried an empty coffin, and Jason's death was filed as accidental.

Cheryl's version began to spread : she might had dropped a glove in the water, Jason might had reached down to get it, and accidentally tipped the boat, and then, he probably panicked and drowned.

As for us, we were still talking about the tragedy of Independence Day, on the last day of summer vacation, when new mysteries rolled into town.