Part 5 : Got Closer

Narrator's POV

Lauren was sitting at the gallery when her phone rang on Tuesday afternoon.

Lauren: Hello

Louis: Hi, Lauren. It's Louis. I would like to invite you again to sing at our cafe. Can we meet today at six?

Lauren: Oh, Hi. Yes, sure. I have to sing today.

Louis: No, not today. I just want to discuss with you first

Lauren: Oh, Okay.

Louis: See you at six

Lauren: See you, Louis. Thank you

Lauren was so happy to receive a call from Louis who would like to meet talking about her potential next gig. Louis was the manager of the cafe where Lauren sang a week ago and where she met Camila for the third time. Lauren texted Lucy to inform her of this good news. Lucy was excited for her.

Leaving the gallery, Lauren went to the cafe to meet Louis. Louis greeted Lauren and invited her to his office, "Hi Lauren, have a seat, please." Lauren followed her and sit quietly there.

Louis explained to Lauren his purpose in inviting her today. He told her that his boss received good feedback about Lauren and they wanted her to join the in-house band to sing at their cafe. Lauren could not be happier receiving this news. Louis himself liked Lauren a lot, she was the best singer and most cooperative one he ever invited during these three years. They often changed their singer to have different styles. He was glad that his boss asked him to invite them and made an agreement with Lauren.

They offered Lauren, to sing every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, which were the best days for the business. They drafted a three months contract with Lauren. They paid well, so Lauren gladly accepted the offer. After signing the contract Louis told her, that if all went well, we might continue longer. Lauren agreed and left the restaurant.

It was Saturday, and Lauren was preparing herself for her singing job at the cafe. It was her third day, as she had started on Wednesday. Lauren liked this job, at least it was more steady and she got three days a week. She was singing the song that she was singing on her first day here, Talking to the Moon, when Camila came in. This time, she was alone. Camila recognized Lauren's voice, she looked at the stage and their eyes met. Camila waved at her, and Lauren slightly nodded at her as she was in the middle of singing.

After a few songs, Lauren was taking a break by the stage and Camila came to her. "Hey, Lauren."

"Hi, Camila. You are here. Alone?" Lauren tried to look around

"Yea.. see, I told you, they will invite you back." Camila looked at her

"Yes, I am happy." Lauren smiled

"What time do you finish?" Camila asked her

"In an hour."

"You want to go for a walk after?"

"Hmm..." Lauren was thinking.

"So?" Camila was waiting for her.

"Ok," Lauren answered shortly.

"Ok?" Camila asked again, Lauren nodded, "great, thanks. I will wait for you there."

Camila went back to her table, enjoying her food and Lauren's voice. She didn't take her eyes off her. Once in a while, she would check on her phone but mostly she was looking and listening to Lauren singing. An hour later, Lauren finished and she thanked the band and came to Camila.