Part 19: Lauren's Birthday

Narrator's POV

Three months passed as Lauren and Camila grew closer. They were friends when they were outside, in public and they were like girlfriends when they were not in public behind the closed door. They had not made it official or exclusive yet after three months. They just enjoyed the moment, the days they had, and did not rush into anything until now.

Next week was Lauren's birthday. Camila had been looking for an idea of how to make her special one happy on her special day. She was thinking to buy herself a guitar, but she did not know about the guitar at all. She did not want to ask Lauren as she wanted to make it a surprise. Camila was confused and she ended up buying two things for Lauren, a black leather jacket and nice boots. She thought Lauren would need it when she was performing. Lauren needed to look good on stage. 

Even though she had got Lauren two things, Camila thought she needed to prepare something else. She was also thinking to have fine dining or spending the whole day with Lauren. Meaning she had to tell her in advance, to save the day for both of them only. It would be on Wednesday. Lauren usually did not have a gig on Wednesday. Her typical Wednesday was going to the campus, meeting Camila for lunch, and spending the afternoon before she spent the rest of the day in the library or in her bedroom doing her music stuff.

They were having lunch as usual on Wednesday, a week before Lauren's birthday.

"Lo..."

"Yea..." Lauren was chewing her food looking at Camila.

"So...next Wednesday...?"

"Hmm...yea?" Lauren grinned she knew what Camila meant and Camila grinned as well.

"Yea? What about next Wednesday? We meet here for lunch as usual?" Lauren said

Camila laughed and slapped her arm, "don't pretend..."

Lauren laughed, "Aw... why?"

"It's your birthday. You have something planned or something you want to do?" Camila asked.

Lauren replied to her, "...not really. Probably, I would treat myself to a good meal and a massage. I have not planned it yet."

"Can I join?" Camila asked her. She did not want to disturb her if Lauren wanted to have it herself.

"Yea... of course," Lauren said looking at Camila. She believed Camila had more in her mind.

"How about we have a good lunch, go to the cinema or music concert?" Camila suggested.

"Hmm...there is not any interesting concert on that day. I have checked." Lauren had checked the concert on that day. She did not see anything she liked.

"I see... a good lunch and dinner, and a massage?" Camila said

"Okay...we meet at lunch like today, and meet again after you finish your class?"

"Nope... we can start at lunch, I will skip my class."

"Camz, you don't have to." Lauren was not the one who would skip her classes.

"It's fine, Lo. Once a year." Camila chuckled. Camila was the one who would skip, but she could maintain her good grades. Lauren looked at her shaking her head. She knew Camila would skip class once in a while, not once in a year.

"Okay, it's up to you...but we still have time if you want to attend the class. I prefer you not to skip it." Lauren said what she thought.

Camila looked at her good girl and thought, "Okay, I will not skip, but can you stay over at my place? or I can stay at yours?" If Lauren could make an exception for her during her birthday, kissing her and breaking her own rule, then she would easily stay at her place even if Lucy was there.