Part 27: To Be With Her

Lauren's POV 

I woke up not in my bed, not in my room. I looked to my side, a guy was sleeping next to me and his hand was on my stomach. When I saw him and found myself without clothes, I realized that I had messed up. I facepalmed myself. I recalled what happened last night. I was in the bar and a guy, this guy came and talked to me. We enjoyed a few drinks and he kissed me. I did not know what got into me, alcohol for sure, I agreed when he asked me to come home with him.

I got up and picked up my clothes and went to the bathroom. When I came out, he was awake. He smiled at me. He looked like a nice guy. I smiled awkwardly. I did not know what to say since I had never been in this situation.

"Good morning, Lauren!" He greeted me

"... morning..." He remembered my name but I did not remember his.

"Jake..." He said.

"Hi, Jake." I simply greeted him. He smiled.

"Breakfast is ready." He asked me to join him for breakfast.

I took my stuff and follow him. There were two plates of french toast with berries on top and two glasses of juice. There were also some fruits, bread, cookies, eggs, and milk. It was a rich breakfast.

"Common breakfast." He said. He was looking at me and I was shy and awkward.

"It's great, thank you," I said and started to eat.

"You need to go to the campus today right?" he asked. We talked about several things last night, so he knew I was a college student.

"Yea..." I looked at the time, "I have to go in fifteen minutes."

"Okay... I will give you a lift." He looked at me smiling. He had brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. He was a mature man and he was calm and well-mannered.

"No, it is ok. Thanks. I will take a taxi myself." I was not used to accepting people's offers, especially strangers.

He chuckled, "Lauren, you will be late if you take a taxi."

"Oh, Where am I?" I looked out of the window, I could see a blue ocean. I guessed it was a bit far from my place or campus.

"My place. Pacific Palisades."

"Oh, okay..." I continued eating silently.

We had a light conversation over breakfast. During the conversation, I could tell he was a nice guy. At least, I did not end up having sex with a jerk. Last night, we talked mostly about my study and things in general, nothing much about him. He just told me he had a small business and had a boring nine to five office job. Looking at the house and where he lived, he was just being modest.

I saw a text from Lucy, but I would reply to it later when I would be in the car. After breakfast, we were ready to go. There was a driver waiting for him but he told the driver that he wanted to drive today. I had never been to this area so I looked around when Jake was driving. Our conversation was light and easy, just small talk. He asked me if I wanted to go home first or just went straight to the campus. I chose home as I needed to change. I texted Lucy. I asked her to leave without me and that I would see her on campus.

We arrived at our place. Jake said he would wait and drive me to my campus. I rejected but he insisted. He said he had taken my time and he was the reason I could be late. He had to be responsible. He said it in a joking way but he was serious. I finally agreed and went up to change as soon as possible as I did not have much time. Jake was in the car waiting for me.